We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather inJuly???

New England
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
192 reviews
Save Topic
weather inJuly???

HOw hot does it get in the end of July first of August? Friends want us to travel there with them at that time. Living in New England I am not fond of temperatures too high......................

Knoxville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather inJuly???

Average highs in the mid 80's and average lows in the mid 60's. But it's on an "average" with definites.

Check it out yourself at:

weatherbonk.com/weather/typicalWeather.jsp…

Chris

Maryville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather inJuly???

you can see days in the 90's at that time. however average temps are in the 80's. the heat isn't the killer, what is? the humidity is what makes it "go"

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
228 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: weather inJuly???

Several years ago we were in a cabin in Pigeon Forge the last week of July in to the first of August. It was unbearably hot that year----hitting high 90's and the humidity was awful. We could not even use the hot tub in the evening as it was so hot. We love to sit on the deck and watch the mountains but we could only stand it for a very short time and we had to flee to the air conditioning. We have been there several times at that time of the year as my B-day is July 31st. It is always hot---but not as bad as the year I described. You never know what to expect except a good time! We had one New Years Eve where the temps were in the 60's so you never know. We are heading down for 8 days i early May so the temps should be perfect---WE HOPE!

Edited: 19 March 2010, 11:09
Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather inJuly???

We rented a cabin in Wears Valley back in early August '07 on a trip with all of my inlaws. It was unbearably hot that week, and the car thermometer said it was 97° when we left PF headed across the mountain for a couple days in Maggie Valley. Luckily, it was in the low 80's in Maggie.

That's the hottest temps I'd ever experienced there.

south jersey
Level Contributor
193 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather inJuly???

This whole mountain thing is differant for us. We usually go to the beach in July. We decided we needed to broaden our horizons so to speak, so we are going to Pigeon Forge. I am very excited, but 90 degree weather would be perfect!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather inJuly???

One more thing to consider is there is almost always a 15 degree or so differenence between the temperature in say Pigeon Forge and that in the higher elevations of the park so if it gets warm you can always take a short drive and enjoy a nice break.

Chris

7. Re: weather inJuly???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge
Recent Conversations