We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ripleys Aquarium

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
441 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Ripleys Aquarium

We have a cabin booked for the first week of August, traveling from Windsor, Ontario, we have a 14 year old and a 15 year old, We visited the Ripley Aquarium in Myrtle Beach a couple of years ago, wondred if anyone has done both the Myrtle Beach and Gatlinburg and if there is much difference.

Albemarle, North...
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ripleys Aquarium

i haven't been to the one at MB but i have heard from ones who have that gatlinburg's is WAY better!!

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
441 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ripleys Aquarium

thanks we liked the one at Myrtle Beach but really didn;t think there was alot in it, thanks for the in put

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ripleys Aquarium

I have never done the one in Mytle beach. I have done the one in Gatlinburg and it is nice and worth the time.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ripleys Aquarium

I have been to both aquariums multiple times each.If you like one,you will like the other!Basically only so much can be done with an aquarium,so both are very similar,and I am not saying thats a bad thing.I have been to several aquariums,including the very similar Mall of America aquarium.Actually ,that's got me thinking which came first,Ripley's or Mall of America,because both Ripley's and the MOA's aquariums are so similar!Basically,If you like aquariums,you will like Ripley's in the smokies.If you didn't like Myrtle Beach's ripley's ,you might want to skip the smokies.I say see it,you will regret it later if you don't!hope this helps!!

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
441 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ripleys Aquarium

I think you are right, if we dont; go after driving 11 hours to see everything we will be sorry, We will put it on the list of things to do

6. Re: Ripleys Aquarium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge