We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
You're Kidding, there are 2 rod runs in September?

i knew there was a spring rod run and a fall rod run. I was just looking at Pigeon Forge's event calendar and see a Shades of the Past Run on the 2nd weekend of September and a Grand Fall Rod RUN on the 3 week end. Now i am wondering which i should have planned to attend? what is going to be the difference in the two?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,428 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: You're Kidding, there are 2 rod runs in September?

This is deal every year, not just this year. They did cancel one of those either last year or the year before due to economic conditions or some such, but normally there is always two on back-to-back weekends in September.

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: You're Kidding, there are 2 rod runs in September?

are they like major differences?

Maryville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: You're Kidding, there are 2 rod runs in September?

the spring rod run can see anywhere from 5,000 to 10,000 cars.. that fall shades of the past combined with the fall rod run. you can see up to 50,000

so much more congested than spring rod run. simply because there are two cars in one week basically

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: You're Kidding, there are 2 rod runs in September?

You would be surprised at how many different car shows are held in Pigeon Forge every year. If you really want to go to a good car show head down to Daytona at Thanksgiving. Do a search for Turkey Rod Run on the internet.

John

5. Re: You're Kidding, there are 2 rod runs in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge