We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dixie Stampede

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hartford...
Level Contributor
422 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dixie Stampede

Is it worth spending the extra money on the preferred seating?

Fairmont, West...
Level Contributor
283 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dixie Stampede

We have been there 4 or 5 times, and we always sit in the top row. We prefer to be on the curved end over the tunnel, but the most recent time we were there was May of this year and we were top row about halfway down. The only time I was not happy with my seat was the time we were in the first section where all the animals come out - we were too close to the wall and couldn't see very well. As far as the preferred seating - I don't think it is any better than anywhere else including the top row. Some people have complained that sitting in the preferred seating, that sometimes the flying hooves of the horses kick sawdust and other undesireable debris up into their food. I have not experienced this - but I don't think I would like to take the chance.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
422 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dixie Stampede

Thanks saratogarox for your input. Not having been there before I have a couple questions.

When I am looking at the seating chart...

Where is the tunnel? (on the North or South side or in the middle of the curve)

Where is the first section you referred to when you were near the wall?

Edited: 29 July 2010, 16:11
Fairmont, West...
Level Contributor
283 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dixie Stampede

The tunnel comes out through the middle of the curve. The seats i did not care for, I think were on the South Side as far to the right as you can go. The wall directly opposite the tunnel has two doors where all the acts come out and return. I would not want to be on the North side closest to that wall either. I'm sure the sections are numbered but I don't remember what they are.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dixie Stampede

We also like the top row of seats, as far as I know, they are all chairs, the rest of the arena are benches. So my answer is no to the preferred seating.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
422 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dixie Stampede

Thanks for your help. I just booked the fourth row of the second section of the curve on the North Side.

Edited: 29 July 2010, 23:44
Newport, TN
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dixie Stampede

When you go, be sure you get there early enough to get a seat for the saloon show (first come first served) which starts about an hour before show time. It's a band mixed with a little comedy and the stage is on the first floor. HOWEVER, we prefer UPSTAIRS because that's where the entrance for the main show is located - big red curtains. If you view the saloon show from the first floor, you'll be waiting in line longer to get to your reserved seats. Views of the band are limited on the second floor but you can still hear what's going on and you'll get to your seat quicker!

7. Re: Dixie Stampede

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2011, 07:27
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge