We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you recommend "Dollywood as a must see not while in PF

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Do you recommend "Dollywood as a must see not while in PF

Reason being, we live very close to Hershey Park and get season passes so I am sure if we want to spend the money on Dollywood or not. If we do go, I would like to get the tickets in advance since I am sure they would be cheaper than the gate prices. TIA

SE Indiana
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you recommend "Dollywood as a must see not while in PF

I think maybe only you can answer that question.

I mean, "Do you wanna go to an amusement park on your vacation?"

It's NOT a "must see" for me at all, but then I haven't been to a "theme park" or whatever they call them now in certainly over a decade.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you recommend "Dollywood as a must see not while in PF

We live close to Kings Island and Dollywood is far better in the show category. Kings Island does have faster thriller rides, but we still go to Dollywood 2 or 3 times a year for the shows, crafts, sights. Remember if you go in after 3, the next day is free.

Sevierville...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you recommend "Dollywood as a must see not while in PF

I live close to DollyWood and purchase season passes every year! Of course, I have 2 young children and it is definitely a MUST for them.

I think DollyWood has a little bit of something for everyone...shows, music, rides, crafts, the train ride thru the Smokies...Whether it is a MUST for you, depends on what you want to do while on vacation.

I definitely enjoyed the rides much more at Kings Island, but the atmosphere at DollyWood is more to my "liking"...maybe it's just the Tennessee in me. :)

Edited: 05 August 2010, 14:03
Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you recommend "Dollywood as a must see not while in PF

It's not just the Tenessee in you, this Georgia boy prefers Dollywood to any other amusement park I've been to, including Disney.

We've never been to Hershey Park, but Dollywood's a must for my family, and we keep season passes for that reason.

Let us know what you decide!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Do you recommend "Dollywood as a must see not while in PF

Thanks all. Does anyone know what the going prices are for Dollywood?? Do they offer AAA discounts??

Sevierville...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do you recommend "Dollywood as a must see not while in PF

Here's a link to their rates...didn't see anything obvious about AAA discounts, but they do have a number you can call to find out for sure.

dollywood.com/dollywood-q10018-c10011-Park_T…

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,710 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do you recommend "Dollywood as a must see not while in PF

I would say a must to if you have teens or like country living and music.

The best way if you are going to be in the area for several days in their season where they are open every day is the season passes. They are only about $33.oo more per person, you can go until you get tired or hot, leave and return another day to enjoy the shows you missed or the food or rides you missed the first day or second day.

No park in the U.S. is like Dollywood, not even the one in Branson. It is unique and for people who like country, bluegrass, rock and roll, it is a very nice place to visit. I can't really comment on the rides other than the train ride which is a fun short trip up the mountain and back down on a real steam engine, coal fired train.

Providence Forge...
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do you recommend "Dollywood as a must see not while in PF

We love Dollywood. We don't ride rides so I really don't know how they are but they look fun to me. My husband says if you are a Christian and like country/bluegrass/gospel music you will love Pigeon Forge so the same thing applies to Dollywood. The atmosphere is so welcoming and relaxing. Everyone treats you like you are their next door neighbor. I love it and I think you will too!

9. Re: Do you recommend "Dollywood as a must see not while in PF

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2011, 07:22
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge