We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

go kart for 7 year old

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
go kart for 7 year old

Can't wait to get there in 30 more days.

I was curious if there is a go kart track that my 7 year old son will be able to drive his own? He loves riding his 4wheeler. I know he would get a kick out of driving his own kart. Thanks.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: go kart for 7 year old

I know a go-cart place called The Track has a small course for the young kids to drive. My kids used to love it!

Here is the website:

http://www.pigeonforgetrack.com/gokarts.aspx

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: go kart for 7 year old

Of all of the go-kart places, I would try "The Track" for karts for younger kids. Check out www.pigeonforgetrack.com for info. It looks like that there are two different karts that your son could drive. The Track is located at Traffic Light #3. That's the corner of The Parkway and Wears Valley Road. I hope that this helps.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
1,397 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: go kart for 7 year old

Hi,

Smoky Mountain Speedpark might also be suitable for a 7 year old. My husband went there and there was a little kid riding the same track as him. The go-karts there were kinda slow so my husband wasn't crazy about them, but said they would be good for a novice or younger go-karter. Also, I think they had a kiddie track there too in the center of the big track.

Rockin' Raceway has FAST go-karts, SO your son might not be able to ride there alone--but they have 2 seaters IF someone else wants to ride with him. My husband loved those go-karts. I did see a man take his son for a ride there & the son wanted to go back for another ride (as passenger).

Hope this helps.

Virginia
Level Contributor
621 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: go kart for 7 year old

The Track should have several things your son could ride. When we were there back in May I think I even saw one that kids as young as 4 could drive. The NASCAR park also has lots of smaller tracks. We've only been there a few times mainly because I think its overpriced but I'm sure they have something for your 7-year old. And if you plan to stay awhile you can buy the bracelet that lets you ride all day.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,003 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: go kart for 7 year old

A few years ago, we took our daughter and grandson to the smokie mountains, and we visited a go cart race track in P/Forge. I really can't remember the name...but it's on the same side of the maid drag as Dollywood, and it's right next door to a place that lets folks pan or mine for their own gems.

Ray

Mentioned in this post
Dollywood
Dollywood
14,419 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: go kart for 7 year old

thanks we are counting the days.

Sweetie

7. Re: go kart for 7 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 06:23