We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timbers Log Motel vs. Motel6 with pets

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
468 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Timbers Log Motel vs. Motel6 with pets

Will be spending 3 nights in PF during Oct. We travel with our 2 small dogs. Which of these pet friendly places should be choose....Timbers Log Motel or Motel6? They both get about the same reviews

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timbers Log Motel vs. Motel6 with pets

I've never stayed at Motel 6, but Timbers Log didn't impress me at all. We stayed in a room with an upstairs loft bedroom. It wasn't nasty or anything, but I wasn't 100% comfortable in the room. It's also pet-friendly.

Good luck!

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timbers Log Motel vs. Motel6 with pets

Several years ago we stayed at the Motel 6, it was nothing fancy, but was ok for a motel room. What we really liked was the outdoor pool, I think we were there in September and used it. I know it is hard to find a decent place to stay when you have pets with you.

Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
468 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timbers Log Motel vs. Motel6 with pets

Thanks for the replies. We've stayed in plenty of Motel6 properties when traveling with the dogs. Nothing special, just bare bones basic. PF Motel6 has indoor corridors which I'd rather not have with the dogs, but, it gets pretty good reviews from pet owners and has a nice area to walk them. On the other hand, Timbers Log Motel doesn't as good of reviews, but, does have outdoor access from the room (I think) and at least some have laminate flooring so easy to clean up accidents. I'm just torn as to which would be better. What to do, what to do?

Madison, AL
Level Contributor
406 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timbers Log Motel vs. Motel6 with pets

I have not stayed at either hotel, but heard not good things about Timbers Log Motel. I'm not sure if you want to stay in Sevierville, but I'm pretty sure they have some pet friendly hotels. Sleep Inn maybe??? Good luck with your decision.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timbers Log Motel vs. Motel6 with pets

Timbers Log does have outside doors, and the floors were laminate. That might have been my problem with them. I know that carpet can be just as dirty, but there's something about wood floors...if they're dirty, it's obvious.

At the time I stayed there, I didn't know it was pet friendly, which is not my travel preference. I tried to get into the EconoLodge Riverside, but it was full. The girl behind the counter said she used to work at Timbers Log and highly recommended it.

Clearly, opinions vary wildly.

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Timbers Log Motel vs. Motel6 with pets

When we travel with our dog we tend to stay at dog friendly LaQuinta or Best Westerns. I stayed at a Motel6 once and will never do so again. When we got out dog and started traveling I was surprised to find how many hotels actually do accept pets. Some high end places will take them as well. LaQuinta doesn't charge extra either so that's probably why we use them as much as we do, plus we a few LQ's that we really like and stay there over and over.

He's only been with us once when we've visited the GSMNP and we stayed at the old Best Western in Townsend. I don't believe it's a BW anymore but it was a decent place to say back then.

Edited: 10 September 2010, 15:47
Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
468 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Timbers Log Motel vs. Motel6 with pets

Thanks everyone. I tentatively made reservations at Timbers Log Motel. I guess we will see which reviews we agree with on that property. We're doing this visit on a budget so I need pets are fee or very cheap. Some properites want $15 per pet per night and that would add $30 onto the nightly bill plus higher taxes and I'm not willing to put out the cash on this trip.

8. Re: Timbers Log Motel vs. Motel6 with pets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2011, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge