We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip for Nov 5-7th

NJ
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Trip for Nov 5-7th

I have been to Pigeon Forge in the summer and I was wondering if the place is active enough in November. My trip is planned for Nov. 5-7th. I plan to go in that big hamster ball type thing, indoor skydiving, and go to Dollywood. Any advice on whether or not this is a good time of year to return. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Dollywood
Dollywood
13,944 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip for Nov 5-7th

We have been going the week before Thanksgiving and always have plenty to do. Dollywood is still open and a lot of the go cart tracks and other arcades and outdoor attractions are open all along the strip in Pigeon Forge. I enjoy going that time of year not near the crowds/waits and the weather is just perfect sometimes cold - sometimes warm - sometimes snow!!! Have fun zorbing, definitely on my to do list, but not this year I'll have a 4 month old with me.

Mentioned in this post
Dollywood
Dollywood
13,944 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip for Nov 5-7th

November is my month of choice to visit the Gat/burg area. The temperatures are traditionally cooler, the crowds have thinned out some, so therefore the motel rates are somewhat cheaper to help boost the travel business. And since there's less tourists, there's fewer people to mess with inside the park. In my opinion the ONLY downside to a November visit is there are some very popular sites and roads that will be closed for the winter months.

Ray

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip for Nov 5-7th

November is a great time to visit. You may even have some color left on the trees although predictions this year seem to be earlier. See if you can squeeze in an extra day or so. Winterfest kicks off November 8th and all the lights will be turned on then.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip for Nov 5-7th

Me and my husband will be there for a week the 1st week of November.There should be alot of shops,attractions,restaurants etc. that are still open.The hours may vary at some places.

Cades Cove,Clingmans Dome,Roaring Fork will be open and so will Dollywood.We should be able to see some color still left on the leaves.The weather should be nice but it could snow higher up in the mountains.Have a good time on your trip and give us a trip report when you get back.

Mentioned in this post
Cades Cove
Cades Cove
4,326 Reviews
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, TN
Clingmans Dome
Clingmans Dome
2,367 Reviews
Roaring Fork
Roaring Fork
1,270 Reviews
Dollywood
Dollywood
13,944 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
NJ
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip for Nov 5-7th

Thanks so much for your quick responses. I am definitely going to go now that I know some stuff is still open and the crowds have thinned out. I remember it being the Disneyworld of TN when I was there in the summer. I can't wait to go back (:

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip for Nov 5-7th

Hey Chew, while you're in the park, and around Clingmans Dome, why not head down the mountains into the town of Cherokee N.C.? That's always a fun place to stop, visit and shop. The town is governed and run solely by the Eastern Band of the Cherokee Indian. Some of the stores and shops close up for the winter, but I'm not sure who or when they actually close But I DO know the "Tribal Grounds coffee shop" will be open the entire month of November.....I highly reccomend stopping there, if you are a true fan of good coffee.

Ray

Mentioned in this post
Clingmans Dome
Clingmans Dome
2,367 Reviews
Cherokee
Cherokee
North Carolina Mountains, NC
Texas
Level Contributor
194 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip for Nov 5-7th

Anyone know when are the predicted foliage peaks?

8. Re: Trip for Nov 5-7th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge