We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Preserve Resort

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin/Illinois...
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Topic
The Preserve Resort

What is the difference?

Since there are less of the Mountain Laurels does that mean they are more private than the Applachian Villas? or are they all together still?

Has anyone else stayed here?

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Preserve Resort

When are you going? I will be at The Preserves this weekend, staying at the Cedar Groves. If you like, I can ask about the difference and let you know next week.

Wisconsin/Illinois...
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Preserve Resort

Thanks volrichard!!!

I was thinking mid to late May I would be going there.

I have emailed their website many times but they never reply. I have only met one other person on this forum that has been there so I was hoping for more recommendations.

Their website looks awesome!

Wisconsin/Illinois...
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Preserve Resort

Volrichard how was your trip?

:-)

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Preserve Resort

It was very nice. I have to get to the airport. I write a complete review tonight, however the cabins were wonderful.

Wisconsin/Illinois...
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Preserve Resort

Thank You!!!!

I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!

:-)

Louisville, Kentucky
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: The Preserve Resort

Tissie11,

Did you ever get a review on the Cedar Groves or end up staying there? I am considering honeymooning there in three weeks and would love to know if I'm making the right choice. Thanks!

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Preserve Resort

Here is my post review from January-

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g55270-i188-k41404…

Wisconsin/Illinois...
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The Preserve Resort

We stayed at the Preserve Resort a couple weeks ago...

They are are very nice, new, modernly furnished cabins... what more can I say! They look just like the pictures.

However, ask to be on the right side of the mountain because it has the best view. We got the left side and there were a lot of trees in our view. It was still ok.

The cabins are "very" close together! Which is fine if you get scared at night and like me have watched way too many scary movies however, I didn't feel I had privacy. I closed all the blinds. Although I really never saw anyone there! I saw their cars and some people jogging/walking in the morning and that was it, so really not too bad. They were walking on the pavement. I didn't see any trails... it is on a mountain!

It is a long drive from the office to the cabins. Don't go at night or you may get lost or it may be foggy. Try to get there the first day in the daylight. Once you drive it a couple of times it gets better! But we started coming back to the cabin before dark!

There are cabins here and there as you look at across the mountains, but the Presere Resort is taking over that side of the mountain! They just keep building. Granted there is a lot of mountain to work with! But I am sure locals probably aren't too happy about it?!

Speaking of locals... they are so nice there! Rocking chairs everywhere even in the airport... very laid back.

Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and Seveir (spelling) make sure you visit it all... it all on the same road minutes from each other. They call it the Hillbilly Vegas and in a sense it is. A lot of things to do there if you want or just relax and enjoy nature!

Let me know if I missed something or you have more questions.

9. Re: The Preserve Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 10:28
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge