We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is a good hotel location in Pigeon Forge?

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
63 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
What is a good hotel location in Pigeon Forge?

We are thinking of visiting Pigeon Forge in late June with our three boys (3, 8 and 10) and their grandparents. I am thinking of staying at either the Music Road Hotel or the Inn at Christmas Place. Is either of these in a "better" location, closer to the heart of the action? Or is Pigeon Forge kind of all spread out so it doesn't matter? It would be nice to be able to walk to a few things for small groceries, etc. I have never been to this area before, so any advice is appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
The Inn at Christmas Place
The Inn at Christmas...
2,174 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is a good hotel location in Pigeon Forge?

I have never stayed at either place but I know where they are and both are in a great location.I do think Inn at Christmas Place is in a better location and there are shops within walking distant and they do have a trolley stop close by.Both are nice but if I had to choose one it would be Christmas Place.Pigeon Forge is more spread out but it is a excellent town to stay in with children because there is so many attractions for the children and alot of great shows and restaurants too.Be sure to visit the National Park while you are in town.Cades Cove I think is a must do and the children will like it and the best part is that it is free.Hope you and your family have a wonderful time.

http://www.mypigeonforge.com/

http://www.gatlinburg.com/default.asp

http://dininginthesmokies.com/

http://www.nps.gov/grsm/index.htm

Mentioned in this post
The Inn at Christmas...
2,174 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Christmas Place
Christmas Place
1,642 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Cades Cove
Cades Cove
4,328 Reviews
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, TN
Virginia
Level Contributor
621 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is a good hotel location in Pigeon Forge?

I've never stayed at either but for location I would prefer The Inn at Christmas Place. I'm assuming that since you chose those two places you are wanting some outdoor water activities for the kids. If you'd consider a hotel without a waterpark I would recommend the Park Grove Inn. We stayed there in September and my parents just stayed there this past weekend and we all really like it. And its within walking distance of Kroger, the Track and several restaurants. The same could be said for the Inn at Christmas Place too though.

Mentioned in this post
The Inn at Christmas...
2,174 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Park Grove Inn
Park Grove Inn
655 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is a good hotel location in Pigeon Forge?

Out of the two hotels you mentioned, I have stayed at The Inn at Christmas Place. I highly recommend that hotel...it's wonderful! The rooms are gorgeous and the bed are extremely comfy! On certain nights you can enjoy the singing Santa concerts (complete with milk and cookies)....your three year old would love it (the older boys might too). I'm 48 and I loved it! :) The pools (both in and outdoor) are really nice and the outdoor one has a slide. Out of all the hotels I've stayed at in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, the staff at this hotel were the friendliest! It may cost a little more than some of the other hotels but I feel it's well worth it!

Both of the hotels you were interested in are really in the same general area except The Music Road Hotel is on a side street just off the parkway so it might be a little quieter but would be even farther to walk to the attractions. IMO, I don't think the grocery stores are a comfortable walking distance from those hotels. There is , however, a CVS pretty close to the Inn at Christmas Place if you just wanted snacks or something like that. There are also some really good restaurants very close to that hotel.

Hope this helps and whichever you choose, I hope you and your family have a wonderful time in the Smokies.

Edited: 14 December 2010, 05:58
Mentioned in this post
The Inn at Christmas...
2,174 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,962 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is a good hotel location in Pigeon Forge?

I say Inn at Christmas Place too, we have stayed at music road a few years ago and it was very nice but nothing special. Christmas place is on the parkway and is pretty much in the center of it all. I don't think you will be within walking distance to much PF is more of a driving city because it's very congested and spread out over about 10 miles. To give you a better idea of the area there is a great website you can take a virtual tour of if you like. www.discoverthesmokies.com

Mentioned in this post
The Inn at Christmas...
2,174 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Christmas Place
Christmas Place
1,642 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
63 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is a good hotel location in Pigeon Forge?

Thank you everyone! I am really looking forward to seeing a new part of the country. I will look into all of your suggestions and appreciate the advice from people who have been to the area...How did we ever make travel plans before the Internet?

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is a good hotel location in Pigeon Forge?

Cookie's description of Inn at Christmas Place was right on the money. It is great and worth every penny. With 5-7 people in your party, you will save a fortune on breakfast alone. It's not the standard continental, cold cereal and pastry breakfast. Hot breakfast, omelet station and a very large selection of items. If you are a member of AAA you can get a discount or call and ask for the managers special. It is usually $15-$20 off per night.

Mentioned in this post
The Inn at Christmas...
2,174 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is a good hotel location in Pigeon Forge?

On an added note......if you stay there, try to get a courtyard view room. It faces the parkway and the little courtyard with trees, flowers and a pond, etc. The trees are lit with Christmas lights at night and it's so nice to sit out on the balcony and relax while enjoying the view. :)

Madison, AL
Level Contributor
406 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is a good hotel location in Pigeon Forge?

I agree with everyone else, the Inn at Christmas Place! It is a beautiful hotel and the location is great!

Mentioned in this post
The Inn at Christmas...
2,174 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is a good hotel location in Pigeon Forge?

I'll throw in my 2¢, too, and say that the Inn at Christmas Place is wonderful!

Mentioned in this post
The Inn at Christmas...
2,174 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is a good hotel location in Pigeon Forge?

Inn at Christmas Tree is outstanding and in a great location. The indoor/outdoor pools are convenient in winter/summer and service is excellent.

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge