We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks for all the great tips and reviews :).

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
249 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Thanks for all the great tips and reviews :).

Just wanted to say that this forum has really helped me out.

We are on a very tight budget and have to save up for quite a while before we can plan a trip so it is important to me that we be very careful in making our selection of where to stay.

I know some don't agree with negative comments concerning properties/attractions but I have read a lot of great and positive comments too. I appreciate both sides of the story :).

Thanks to all !

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks for all the great tips and reviews :).

....and there are always two sides to every story. That's great that you take the time to read all the reviews, comments , etc before making a choice in where to stay. Too many people don't and then are unsatisfied once they are there.

Hope you have a wonderful vacation.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks for all the great tips and reviews :).

We too have to watch our budget. so we save ,save, save. to make it to our favorite places. we get a cabin where we can cook or we get a hotel with a kitchenette so we can cook and this saves lots of money instead of eating out. But we do like to eat out a couple of nights. But some people on here you couldn't please no matter what the place did. so you have to pretty much read them all and take the good with the bad.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
753 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks for all the great tips and reviews :).

I agree with hagerhill that some people can't be pleased. I have read some horrible reviews on places where we were going to stay, only to be pleasantly surprised when we got there. You can pretty well take first time posters with a grain of salt if they go overboard with their praise or criticism. We used to go on a very tight budget when the kids were home. Even now, we watch our $$ because everything is so expensive.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanks for all the great tips and reviews :).

I never pay that much attention to the reviews(but I do read them all the time) and I like to make my own mind up about a place,store,restaurant,attraction,etc.Because people are so different.

Me and my husband went to Cancun,MX for our Honeymoon in 2006 and I was reading the reviews from the hotel we were staying at and this one poster gave the hotel a very bad review and said there trip was ruined because there was a tile missing in the swimming pool.Come on now did that really ruin your trip.Some people you can not please they will always complain and are never happy and that is sad to be like that.

You can learn alot from reading peoples trip reports and there reviews but some I do take with a grain of salt.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanks for all the great tips and reviews :).

Be very cautious on the reviews you read on here. Theres a good chance if someone gives a place a bad review then it is a ex-employee. (one that was probably fired) I always look to see how many times they have posted a review and click on the ID name to see when they joined T/A. I have even read some of the past reviews/forums that they have posted (if they have any) If its usually a low number or if they just joined that day then I ignore them.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanks for all the great tips and reviews :).

I agree with TNjustme in that there are quite a few "one hit wonders" that come in to exact some revenge.

Some folks have a different definition of cleanliness and/or comfort than others. Multiple claims of rodents and bugs will send me in another direction. Pictures are an almost complete verification, and everyone brings a camera on vacation.

Food reviews vary. The best eateries use quality ingredients, and these cost more. I find that my digestive system operates better when I pay more, and we eat more meals in a cabin that elsewhere, giving us more funds to splurge on a nice meal or three.

I disregard most entertainment reviews because I believe they are the most prone to personal taste. Almost all of our entertainment involves hiking or driving in the National Park, and we've never had what could be described as a "bad hike".

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
249 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanks for all the great tips and reviews :).

I agree with what y'all said.

That being said I have posted some negatives on my reviews before, but if the place tried to make ammends I always post that too. I like to give places credit where they deserve it.

I've only had one truly horrible trip and it really stinks when that happens cause like I said we have to save up for so long to go....it's not like we can turn right around and do it again.

I hope we get to go to the smokies or back to Carolina Beach,NC this year. We took a 1 night trip to Chattanooga,TN for spring break last year and had a blast :).

I think I have spring fever !!!!!!

8. Re: Thanks for all the great tips and reviews :).

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2011, 06:25