We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay near Sevierville, TN for a family of seven.

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay near Sevierville, TN for a family of seven.

Hello everyone,

We are traveling from Western Australia and will be in Tennessee in mid Oct 2011 to attend a conference for a week. We have been given a couple of ideas for accomodation that seem real extravigant (never been to USA) so I thought I might have more variety if I asked you. We will have been in the States for nearly 3-4 weeks so our budget will be straining by the time we are at our last stop. Our 5 children are aged between 20yrs & 11yrs. At this stage we are looking at using an RV (as everything is with us), for traveling across from LA and then wil fly back. Thanks for your help on this.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay near Sevierville, TN for a family of seven.

Are you wanting to stay at a motel / hotel? Or will you be staying in the RV and just need a campgrounds? There is several motels/ hotels that are in / around the Sevierville /Pigeon Forge area. These 2 towns are side by side, only a small bridge splits them on the main drag, if you are not familiar with the towns you won't know when you leave one and enter the other. Neither town is slacking in motels/hotels. Same with campgrounds. I'm sure you know this, there is a RV rental place in USA, 1-800-RV4rent. (or its something like that) When we go to the Pigeon Forge area we usually rent a cabin, its usually cheaper than a motel (companies we rent from; www.sunsetcottage.com or www.firesidechalets.com )

If you are wanting a campground or a motel, just research them on here, compare prices and read the reviews. I don't believe there is no bad area in either town, both are small tourist towns. Good luck and welcome to the USA!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay near Sevierville, TN for a family of seven.

Thanks for your help. We would like to be finished with the RV by then. So we may need to hire a car or something while we are there. We need something simple near the Sevierville Events Centre. As I do not know where anything is (towns, attractions etc) I am going blind on this one. I will have to find a map of the area. The cabins sound really nice so I will try them. Thanks again for your help. We are looking forward to our stay in the area.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay near Sevierville, TN for a family of seven.

Hi sbk-becca. Welcome to the Pigeon Forge forum. You may wish to send away for some visitor information on the areas. Seveirville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, and Wears Vally. All of these towns are connected and all offer so many things to see and do. The first 3 are very touristy areas and are full of hotels, cabins, and even condos that are for rent. Although cabins can be costly during that time of year due to the Fall Colors of the leaves in the National Park (Smoky Mountains), you may fare better off with a 2-3 bedroom condo in or near Pigeon Forge. Seeing as you have time, I do suggest that you go to the tourism websites of the areas I listed above and get information sent to you. Also go to the National Park Services Smoky Mountain web site to get some information for there as well. The towns listed above are just north of the beginning of this National Park and there are plenty of places to visit inside the park for hiking, car trips, and sightseeing.

You may be able to see about renting a car from a local car rental company. Enterprise rent-a-car has a location in Seveirville, although not sure about the drivers license being from another country. Here is their web site, you may wish to call them to see their policies.

www.enterprise.com/car_rental/deeplinkmap.do…

Here is a web site that offers a very detailed interactive map of the areas. Take some time to search through this web site and virtually travel the main Parkway (the main road through the towns). It will give you an idea of all that there is to do as well as the locations of things.

http://thegreatsmokeymountainsparkway.com/

Sevierville has many hotels to choose from, and you may choose to stay there in order to not have to fight with traffic to get to your conference. The family will have lots to keep them busy in PIgeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Once again though, you may wish to choose a condo due to space and cost effectiveness. There are some grocery stores in town that you can purchase your food and cook in your condo. Money can be spent awfully quickly in those towns as there is SO MUCH to do, as well as lots of shopping. A cabin would be lovely as well, and may even be cheaper since you re staying for a week. You will just want to make sure the cabin is located very near the Parkway as the mountains can be quite difficult to drive and can add lots of time to your drive to get to and from.

Good luck with your search and your trip

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay near Sevierville, TN for a family of seven.

Here is one in Cabins at the Crossing by Collier Drive in Sevierville

…sunsetcottage.com/rns/…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay near Sevierville, TN for a family of seven.

Thanks everyone for your help. The Sunset cottages look like they might do the job perfectly. Just wondering though how long will it take to travel to the Sevierville Event Centre and do you go through lots of traffic or is it more like suburbs? Also do you know of any local car hire places?

Thanks again for the fantastic help as the travel bug sets into place with us all.

baycity
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay near Sevierville, TN for a family of seven.

One other thing that may help. Since you have such a large party. We have a new company here in the county called Smoky Mountain Grocery. They will go to all the local stores and shop for your groceries, and have them put away before you get there. Give them a look.

www.smokymountaingrocery.com

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay near Sevierville, TN for a family of seven.

If you decide to rent through Sunset, call them to see what they have available that is near Sevierville Event Centre.

I have a map of Sevier County that has Sevierville, Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg and all the places of interest. (which I got free from AAA) I can not find the Sevierville Event Centre location. I did find the Sevierville Civic Center which is located on Dolly Parton Parkway (aka, highway 411) Near red light #16.2 (red lights in the area are numbered under the hanging red light) This building is called Sevierville Welcome Center / Muncipal Complex / Civic Center / City Hall. I'm not sure if that is the building you are looking for or not. I'm sure the Sunset reps. would know if this building is the same as the Event Centre.

You are coming in October, which is a busy time for the area (due to fall colors) If you are going to be there on a weekend it will more than likely be lots of traffic. The 3 towns do have a Trolley System which you can ride from place to place. The fare is cheap (25 cents to maybe $1.00) I don't believe the Trolleys will stop at ever store, restaurant, etc. Stopping at a Welcome Center as soon as you get there will help a lot on this.

Your conference will be in Sevierville you will want something in Sevierville or on the north side of Pigeon Forge (located around lights #0, #1, or #2) to avoid tourist traffic (and nightmare stuck in traffic) You do not want to rent anything out Wears Valley Rd., Bluff Mtn. area, south side of Pigeon Forge (red lights #3 through #10) or in Gatlinburg. Although the above areas are beautiful, you will have to deal with alot more traffic driving to your conference each day. Keep in mind alot of cabins out Wears Valley Rd. have Sevierville addresses but they have to come into town (Pigeon Forge) by red light #3.

I know Fireside Chalets has some 2 and 3 bedroom chalets that sleep 8 very close to red light #1. They are in a 'subdivision' called River Pointe.. I have stayed in several of them and they are real nice. www.firesidechalets.com

Actually they are on Plantation Drive. You can go to mapquest and get an ariel view of the area. Give you an idea of the area.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay near Sevierville, TN for a family of seven.

You could probably rent a car in Nashville TN. or in Knoxville TN. as you will be going through both of these big cities on your way from LA to Sevierville TN.

Are you renting a RV from RV 4 Rent? 1-800-RV4RENT. I believe Nashville has one.

9. Re: Where to stay near Sevierville, TN for a family of seven.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge