We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dollywood cabins

bama
5 posts
1 review
dollywood cabins

has someone stayed at dollywood cabins what about rejunation and where is it how far is out

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
1. Re: dollywood cabins

Heres a thread you might want to read.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g55328-i973-k39926…

Zanesville, Ohio
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
2. Re: dollywood cabins

We have personally stayed at Rejuvination. It was our first cabin ever and by far one of the best. It has three decks and when you are on the top one the birds are flying below you!! It is so clean and spacious. It has one of the best views in the resort. It is at the end of a cul-de-sac. It has two neighboring cabins but there are none in front of you obstructing your view. We have only stayed at Starr Crest and all but one cabin there was amazing. The one last year was through a different rental company and the cabin was less than desired. Dollywood vacations is very helpful. The owner took the cabin we were staying in off the market for rentals a few weeks before we left the year before last. Dollywood made it right by letting us pick a cabin that was better than the one we had booked for the same price. If you call and talk to them they will help you with any questions you may have. The cabin itself is amazing. If there is mist in the morning you feel as though you are floating in the clouds. Don't just believe what one thread says. A lot of other s have enjoyed Dollywood Vacations.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: dollywood cabins

We stayed at Starr Crest Resort in the past when we brought the grandchildren and their parents to Dollywood. We had rented from Sugar Maple Cabins.

Since then, I've looked at staying with Dollywood vacations and the prices are not competitive. Even with their package deals, I can beat the stew out of their pricing by staying elsewhere. I had hoped that with their combined resources, Dollywood could offer something that was a bargain, and since I'm on their email list, I get updates all the time, yet every time I take a hard look at their offers, I'm disappointed.

The resort is very close to Dollywood. They have some nice cabins, and some have excellent features and views, but again, they're going to have to do better on price for us to return.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: dollywood cabins

We stay at Starr Crest all of the time. In fact we are going down Friday for 9 days! We always rent on VRBO and get beautiful cabins and GREAT prices as opposed to the highly outrageous "Dollywood" prices. For instance, we are renting a 2 bedroom cabin this week and we got it for $870 for 8 nights everything included! Cleaning fee waived, no security deposit and the owner is extremely nice and great to deal with. These cabins in SC are all the same just different sizes and decor. Do your homework and you won't be disappointed!

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: dollywood cabins

That may be, but some folks appreciate dependable service in the face of problems, such as that described in haliejean90's post above. And it's convenient for some to have a package put together for them. It doesn't sound like haliejean90 considered the rental price to be "highly outrageous".

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: dollywood cabins

I checked the exact same time frame for Rejuvenation which is the exact same layout and amenities as the cabin I rented and they want $2008.80 for the rental only. This does not include a "package". I consider this highly outrageous to the tune of $1138 or enough to do another vacation. If you do your homweork, you can have a nice vacation at a great price. How do you think these rental companies make money? They gouge the consumer. Who in their right mind would pay that kind of money for a rental cabin? I have stayed at Starr Crest many times and even in "peak season" have never paid anywhere near that kind of money for a rental. In fact,the folks I rented from just switched to VRBO from the DW program because they were not getting any rentals at the inflated prices..

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
21 reviews
7. Re: dollywood cabins

I'm not looking for an argument abou this. I've never used Dollywood Vacations and I don't plan to. But I don't think it's fair to imply that haliejean90, or anyone else who uses DV, is not in their right mind. I don't think DV would be operating if they weren't profitable, and I don't think everyone that uses them are unintelligent. It just works for them.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: dollywood cabins

Not looking for an argument either. Just stating hard facts and giving my opinion as well. My goal is to let folks know the alternatives and perhaps save them a lot of their hard earned cash. I thought the object of this forum is to inform those who are less traveled or first-timers and those that have questions looking for answers. Have a great day!

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
21 reviews
9. Re: dollywood cabins

Hey, you have a great day, too!

Zanesville, Ohio
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
10. Re: dollywood cabins

seems like everytime i post on here i'm wrong about something but i'll give it a go once more. dolly wood vacations is a little pricey i'll admit. but you get what you pay for which is great service a clean cabin and one with an amazing view. it's not fair to say someone's out of their mind if that is what they are willing to spend. what i was really getting at is that rejuvination is an amazing cabin and well worth the price. if you call down there they usually have specials going on like stay three nights get two free. you have to call and be informed. starr crest resort is a very nice place and the only place my family and i have stayed. the only reason we're not this year is because are staying in ooohh myyy near the homestead. we just needed a bigger cabin and that one had the best view. just my opinion. =)