We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Under $20 motels

Thibodaux, Louisiana
Level Contributor
280 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Under $20 motels

I went on discoverthesmokies.com this morning and there was a note saying the gas prices and motels $18.00 a night. What motels are these. They can't be much for that price.

Wyandotte, Michigan
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Under $20 motels

I wonder this many times and have been half tempted to email them and ask which ones.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Under $20 motels

It's hard for me to envision ANY motels in the Gat/burg, P/Forge area having rates as low as $18.00 per night. I wouldn't have thought evan the lower priced motel chains, such as Econo-Lodge, Budget Motel, and Motel 8, (although nicely ppointed) would be pricier than that.

Virginia
Level Contributor
621 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Under $20 motels

I know sometimes when we're in town in the off-season we see signs out at the road for walk-in prices around $20, I think maybe at the smaller Family Inns and maybe a few other places. I can't imagine these rooms are good at all and I think some of those places use those as more of a bait and switch thing saying that all those type of rooms out sold old and then want to upgrade you to a pricier room.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Under $20 motels

The motels say $ 18.99 a night but that is for 1 person then you have to add $ 10.00 more a night per person and if you come on the weekends then add another $10.00-$15.00 a night.

Smoky Mountain Motor Lodge,Conner Hill Motor Lodge and Tennessee Mountain Lodge normaly has that special advertised on a sign out front.These motels may be ok for a night but I wouldnt want to stay in one more than a couple of nights.

Salem, Virginia
Level Contributor
326 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Under $20 motels

Oh yes, the cheap hotel turned out to be kinda nasty. Last summer, we were blessed with a chance to come down a day early which was a saturday. We had a nice one bedroom cabin booked called Wildflower for Sun-Wed. Well, it was sooo hot, traffic was horrible, the GPS woman kept saying turn right onto parkway as I was yelling back at her saying I will when we get up there! We were at a complete standstill barely creeping forward. Our plan had been to just grab something cheap on the parkway for the night. Yea right on a saturday night in Aug. We got so tired we just pulled into one with a cheap sign like 29.99 or something. It was I believe Royal Inn. Well it turned out to be 69.99 and we just took it rather than get back on the parkway. It wasnt dirty but just not what youd call nice either. lol Of course as traffic thinned out we were able to get out and drive around but we stuck it out and ended up going to Mel's Diner in behind the hotel, We enjoyed the giant banana split very much !! We have learned to always book ahead !!!!

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Under $20 motels

I will say this though, my wife and I have stayed at Creekstone Inn 1 and Creekstone Inn 2 (now Twin Mountain Resorts) many times during the busier part of the tourist season. And our nightly rates were normally around $120.00......that same motel nightly rate dropped from $120.00 to $34.00 during the months of January thru February.

Ray

Virginia
Level Contributor
621 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Under $20 motels

We stayed at Creekstone last year on Memorial day weekend and the rate was so much cheaper than the other places I checked. For a cheaper motel, the Creekstone Inn is a great choice.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Under $20 motels

Brittney, if you get the opportunity to visit again, you may want to give " Twin mountain Resorts" a try. It's that big motel located on the opposite side of the river, and right next to the outdoor RV campground. The motel situated next to the campground is newer and about ten, fifteen years old.

Ray

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Under $20 motels

On my last trip I needed a cheap hotel in PF for just one night as I decide to arrive a day earlier than my friend. I drove up an down the Parkway and went into about 6-7different cheap hotels that had $25 (or similar) listed on their marquees outside. I always ask to see a room before staying at hotel I have no knowledge about, so went into rooms in all the hotels. I wound up deciding on Maples Motor Inn and for just myself I paid $39. They had a price of $29 listed outside, so not sure why my room was more money, but I was satisfied with the room itself. This type of hotel is not my usual choice of places to stay, but it was clean, comfortable and a good place to stay for the money. The location in PF was great as well. I will probably stay here again in April if I am able to stay a few extra days after our stay in the cabin for 3 nights. I am hoping to stay in town for a few days by myself to go visit a few other areas that I have been wanting to visit, and this place will be decently priced and knowing that it is clean and offers WiFi, microwave, mini fridge, coffee, and was comfortable will be great!

SE Indiana
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Under $20 motels

My youngest son and 3 of his buddies got a 2 queen room at the "family inn?' in PF last summer on a mc trip.They said it was fine, as they just needed a place to shower and crash.

They said the guy said they got the "last room at that rate"-they registered at about noon, but couldn't check in till 3.

I *think* they only offer "so" many of those low buck rooms-go register early if you want the special rate.

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge