We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Mountain Vacations

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, Kentucky
3 posts
Save Topic
Majestic Mountain Vacations

Problems?

Cincinnati, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
131. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

This was a letter I wrote to the manager in regards to our stay. See below to what he responded with....

Mr. Glaspy,

I am returning customer of 3 years, and continued the family tradition this year by choosing to stay at Majestic Mountain Cabins with my family. After being telephoned while in route to our cabin My husband and I were told that the cabin we reserved wasn't accessible due to inclement weather. We were asked to go to the Majestic Mountains Rental Office, while in route to that office, we were called again and told to drive to the Sugar Maple Rental Office. This was disheartening and very aggravating when the trip was prepped by signing and sending the rental-agreement electronically so My family and I could drive straight to the cabin of choice, 50 mile view.

Once we reached Sugar Maple Cabin's Rental Office We were given the option of 3 cabins- in which not one of them had the accommodations we requested. We were put into Totally Awesome View, which was definitely not a comparable cabin. For starters there wasn't a theatre room- the whole reason we chose 50 Mile View. Our trip continued to go "south" when we realized the pool table was located in a space in which you couldn't use the pool stick without hitting the wall/window/etc. and therefore we couldn't play it, and then we found that the air hockey table was inoperable. Please see the following pictures as evidence. Notice the huge scuffs in the wooden floor, how can a family of 5 sit at this table? Beer cans were all over the ground- and the driveway was clearer at 50 mile view than at Totally Awesome View shown in the 4th picture.

[cid:image010.jpg@01CF2BEF.F9F67350][cid:image011.jpg@01CF2BEF.F9F67350][cid:image012.jpg@01CF2BEF.F9F67350][cid:image013.jpg@01CF2BEF.F9F67350]

Around 3:30 pm, after I left the rental office and made it to Totally Awesome View, I received a call from Karen who acted as if we were still in route to Totally Awesome View and asked us when we would be in to check in! I informed Karen that I was already at the cabin and it wasn't at all what I wanted. I told her that My husband and I drove to 50 mile view and we made it just fine. We do have an AWD vehicle and the amount of snowfall was nothing in comparison to what we were used too. I asked Karen to call me if we could get arranged to move to 50 mile view- Our cabin we initially reserved. Karen stated she would note the account and have someone call me. I waited and waited, NO CALL ON FRIDAY. Finally, Saturday morning I called Sugar Maple Cabins and told them of the air hockey table and they referred me to maintenance. I asked to speak to a manager, in which they transferred me to Sherri. I told Sherri everything listed above and she said she would call Karen and speak to her about this. Sherri called me back about 15 minutes later and stated she was unable to get a hold of Karen, but had seen that she had made some notes in the system.

Sherri wasn't very helpful at all. She offered My family and I two choices-1st move to 50 mile view (mind you it is now 1:30 in the afternoon) or 2nd take a $35.00 credit. I asked her if she could provide the 2nd offer to me in writing on how she was breaking down the "$35.00 credit." She said she didn't want to put that in writing and that she didn't need to since she was explaining it to me over the phone. She continued to ask me to lower my voice- in which I wasn't yelling, I happen to just have a louder voice than most- which I found her comment very offensive.

I am really concerned with the customer service Sugar Maples/Majestic Mountain/Wyndham is providing. When a family is traveling 4-6 hours away, dropping money to stay with your company, they entrust your company to provide them with the best service you can. There are many cabin companies that would bend over backwards to make sure their guests have been treated with exceptional customer service and provided the best accommodations they can provide.

I ended up moving all of our belongings and luggage, cleaning up Totally Awesome View, and heading over to 50 mile view. I called Sugar Maple Cabins and let Robyn know that My family and I had made it safely. I followed all of my responsibilities as a Guest. When is Wyndham going to take responsibility for all of the inconveniences My family and I faced on our short weekend getaway?

Mrs.* *****,

We are certainly sorry for any issue you experienced with your stay and for the issues with the cabin because of the snow fall. We try to watch out for our guests safety and advise them if road conditions are not favorable to the cabin of their choice.

I'm happy to hear that you arrived safe to your original cabin on Saturday and I will speak to Sherri about the credit she offered.

Thanks for choosing us for your long weekend.

Thanks,

Jeff Glaspy

General Manager

Smoky Mountain Property Management by Wyndham Vacation Rentals

1735 Upper Middle Creek Road

Sevierville, TN. 37876

Edited: 26 February 2014, 19:35
sevierville TN
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
132. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

I live in Sevier County and am familiar with the cabins you have mentioned. I do not work for Wyndham, but do know of the issues that this county faces when it does snow.

First, the area of 50 Mile View cabin is one of the worst areas in the county. Trucks have a hard time doing any plowing on those roads due to the slope. The snow fall in that area can be heavier than other places here. It is common knowledge here that if it snows, keep everyone off that road. I commend them for getting you another cabin in BBR. Majestic played it safe by having you move to the other cabin and really was looking out for your safety. There has been many times that people have lost control of their vehicles on the road going to 50 Mile View. I have heard of pileups, people having to spend the night in their cars because they cannot get to their cabin, and things of that nature. I know there's been times that 4 wheel drive trucks with chains struggle on that road. With the long drop off along that road, it's a wonder someone hasn't been killed there. So credit them for that. Next, understand that when you get moved to another cabin, it isn't going to be exactly like the one that you selected originally. I'm sure many of the other cabins already had reservations for the weekend and they had to move you where ever they had an opening, trying to make the best available choice for you. I would imagine that if you would have gotten stranded in your car overnight, you would have loved to be in Totally Awesome View instead of stuck on the road. BBR, where Totally Awesome View is at, does have snow plowing there and even if at the moment you drove up and at that time there was more snow than 50 Mile View, that isn't the normal. The situation with the pool table and other things is unfortunate, but if you would have possibly been in an accident going to 50 Mile View, those things would have seemed irrelevant. It doesn't matter how much snow is here compared to where you are from, it's the slopes and curves that make this entirely different. I have 4 wheel drive and I don't feel safe leaving my house with 2 inches of snow on the road because of it. I lived up north with huge snows and it's much safer up there than here. Many times the snow has to naturally melt off these roads before they are usable. Yeah, you were inconvenienced a little bit and the second cabin wasn't what you wanted. I am sure you were not the only ones, and that's a risk all renters take during the winter here. You also have to remember, Wyndham was probably dealing with many renters in this situation as well, and it's got to be hard to coordinate these situations, looking out for the safety first and foremost of guests, getting flooded with phone calls, etc. I remember a few years back that many people were stranded in cars, in their cabins, with no food or anything because of snow and it got to be a crisis situation. One more example, many times visitors to this area do not comprehend the danger on these roads where it snows. A few weeks ago I received a call a friend that works for a different rental company asking me if I could help some guests that couldn't get back to their cabin because they couldn't make it up the steep hill. I couldn't, but the thing is, they were out in town all day and it snowed so hard all day. When they decided to go back to their cabin, they couldn't get there. When the snow has the parkway covered, I don't know why they thought they could ever get back to their cabin on the hill. Many people just don't think and use common sense, and that's why ALL rental companies try to play it safe and do the best they can to take care of their guests. Those people ended up walking a half mile to their cabin to get their luggage and carry it to their car. I hope this helps you understand. So many people feel like their vacation should not be inconvenienced, but snow isn't anything anyone can control. Guess you'll have to talk to the Lord about that one, and just keep these things in mind before you make reservations during the winter months next time, regardless of what rental company it is.

133. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge