We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report 3/20- 3/26

Clarksville, IN
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report 3/20- 3/26

We are technically still on vacation, day 5 of 7 but I figured I would start with a report of the cabin and amenities and post bit by bit from there. If you have any questions, I will answer them as best I can.

Clarksville, IN
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report 3/20- 3/26

We chose to stay in a cabin in the Parkside Resort http://www.pigeonforgepremiercabins.com/

We got Enchantment which is a 3 bedroom 3 bath cabin. The resort is located 2 miles off of light #10 in Pigeon Forge. The road is very windy but not steep or scary at all. I was hesitant driving it the first time, but after I knew it better it was a breeze. When you get to the resort there is a big "Parkside Resort" sign on the right, and you pull straight in to the Resort office which is a large cabin. They get you set up and offer free movie rentals and coffee/hot chocolate. Located directly beside the office is a gate which they give you the code for, so you just punch in the code and the gate opens. You drive about a half mile and get to an intersection. If you go straight that takes you up a steep (but easy) hill to the indoor/outdoor pool area, free mini-golf, ping pong, cornhole and fire pit. If you turn left it takes you up a steep (once again easy) hill to the cabins. Enchantment is the first cabin on the right and you almost have to do a U-turn to get up into the driveway which is also a hill. I am deathly afraid of mountain roads that are steep and at first, these did scare me but after driving them once I was fine. It was easy with no fear of falling off, all of the roads were completely paved with curbs.

The cabin was gorgeous. We walked into the living area with beautiful furnishings and high end light fixtures. The kitchen is open to the living area and the dining table has enough room for 7 people. The washer and dryer are located under the stairs. The large flat screen above the fireplace is nice and the fireplace does a really good job warming up the cabin on cold nights. Since we arrived in Pigeon Forge to abnormal 80+ degree temperatures, we turned on the AC upstairs and downstairs and the whole cabin was cooled within 15 minutes.

The first bedroom is located downstairs and has a door out to the hot tub on the deck. It also has its own private bathroom with a large shower with seats, a single vanity and toilet. It also has a very large closet. The 2nd and 3rd bedrooms are located upstairs and are mirror images of each other. They each feature king beds, private balcony, upscale furnishings and private bathrooms with tub, single vanity and toilet. The private balconies are kind of cool because they each have 2 rocking chairs and overlook the rest of the deck.

Some of the cabin amenities we love are the cable, our own private movie theater complete with surround sound and theater seating. The wifi has been fantastic (although depending on your cell service AT&T isn't too great from inside), the washer and dryer has been handy for all of the towels we have gone through between the 7 of us taking baths and getting in the hot tub. The walls of windows make you feel like you are part of the nature surrounding. The view from the deck is trees and woods. I also mentioned the resort amenities above with the indoor/outdoor pool, mini golf, etc.

Will update more later on what we did.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report 3/20- 3/26

It really sounds like you rented a fine cabin.....but I have a question.....do you mind quoting the nightly rate? My wife and I have sorta kind of tentatively agreed on a certain VBRO cabin.

Ray

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report 3/20- 3/26

The cabin does look really nice. I've wondered about that resort area, but it's the first time I recall looking at it to any degree.. So I must ask:

What's the deal with the photo-shopped big screen TV hovering in the pool area ? :-)

http://www.pigeonforgepremiercabins.com/amenities/(c)-parkside-pool2.jpg

Edited: 25 March 2011, 21:04
Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report 3/20- 3/26

Nice cabin! Wow it is huge!

Ray,

You can forget about renting this cabin. The calendar is all blocked for the rest of the year. It looks like it is leaving the rental program for whatever reason. The prices were $275 to $575 a night.

Dawgcentral,

I don’t think that TV is Photo-shopped, I think it is hanging from a cloud!!

Clarksville, IN
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report 3/20- 3/26

Yes, this particular cabin is booked (or leaving) for the rest of the year but they have a few others on the resort. The nightly rate was $275 for our stay but they had a special for buy 2 weeknights, get 2 weeknights free. The total ended up being about $225 per night. Normally we don't spend more than $100/night but my sister and her family were supposed to be joining us and covering the additional.

The TV screen is there and not photo-shopped, I think there are stilts on the back that go into the ground. It is for their summer "dive-in movies." We are heading to the pool tonight so I will double check that. They put a large warm tent over the pool and make it into an indoor pool in the winter and the water is really warm.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report 3/20- 3/26

Aubrav....Thanks for telling us about your stay so far in the cabin. Sounds great! I have stayed in that general area before and really like the location.

Ohio
Level Contributor
248 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report 3/20- 3/26

Wow, this cabin resort seems really nice. Glad to hear you are having a great time. Thanks for sharing your cabin and trip with us. Have a great stay.

Clarksville, IN
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report 3/20- 3/26

Thanks everyone. I just remember how many questions I had about the resort, the cabin and the roads before my trip and there wasn't much about it because the resort has been open less than a year. I wanted to make sure I could specifically answer the questions I had been wondering about.

I will be sure to post about the rest of the trip as soon as I get home.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report 3/20- 3/26

Tinkerbell, it might as well be booked for the next few seasons at those rates. My pockets don't go that deep....my line of rates run closer from $125.00 or $ 150.00 nightly. Picking cabins is so frustrating.

Ray

Clarksville, IN
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report 3/20- 3/26

I talked to the rental office today and they said the owners sold the cabin to some people who are going to live there full time. They said that in this economy the offer was too good to refuse. So now the original owners are building another cabin in the resort that is exactly like Enchantment but they are going to add a basement level with an indoor pool.

Paris_TnRay- It is too expensive for me, too, we were just going to be splitting it between 3 families.

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge