We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the difference in the 2 Best Western Hotels?

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nurselissa
Level Contributor
62 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
What's the difference in the 2 Best Western Hotels?

Is one in a better location than the other? Does one have a better breakfast? Do they both have fridges and microwaves? I can't decide between the Toni and the Plaza!

Help!

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the difference in the 2 Best Western Hotels?

We stayed at the plaza once before, but it was years ago, I think they are right across the main parkway from each other. I remember the breakfast they offered was real nice.Sorry that is about all I remember

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the difference in the 2 Best Western Hotels?

The Toni Inn is cheaper and most people like it better. but that's all I can say since I have never stayed there. but I would choose The Toni Inn if I were staying there.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the difference in the 2 Best Western Hotels?

I have stayed at both, I liked the plaza better. When we went the plaza was cheaper too.

I thought i remember you wanting a 24 hour pool. Their pool isn't 24 hour.

nurselissa
Level Contributor
62 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the difference in the 2 Best Western Hotels?

Yeah, I wanted a 24 hr pool since my kids like to swim at night, but as dh has reminded me : by the time we go in July our kids have already been in the pool for 3 months and they won't be so interested in it. We live in central FL and have a pool and he's right by July they really only get in just as a way to to cool off. Also we are thinking that with all the hiking and walking we'll be doing they will probably go to sleep earlier.

And after comparing prices the places that have the 24 hr pools are about $20-30 more a night. Since we plan on staying 8 nights that adds up, especially when we have a nice pool at home already.

So I've switched my priorities to a place with a nice breakfast, fridge and microwave. In a good location thats within walking distance of restruants, things to do, and isn't super expensive. And since its mothers day and I'm missing my momma...I'm remembering all of our trips to PF when I was a kid (we lived about 1.5hrs from there) and a few times we stayed at the Toni, I don't remember the details of the hotel though.

We've decided to stay someplace cheaper so that we have more money for other things. Right now we've got $3200 saved for an 9 day vacation, not including gas (I've been buying gas cards). So we want to stretch that $3200 and get the most out of it. I'm a compulsive type A when it comes to budgets and vacations so I'm driving dh crazy since we have several trips planned this year.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the difference in the 2 Best Western Hotels?

I would recommend Park Grove Inn. If we stay in a hotel this is the only one we will stay at in Pigeon Forge. It is wonderful, very clean and a great staff. They have an indoor poor and an outdoor pool. they have fridges and microwaves. they also have kitchenette's which we also like. they have a free breakfast which is good to save money.

the web site is:

www.parkgroveinn.com

6. Re: What's the difference in the 2 Best Western Hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge