We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canopies at Splash Country

SE Indiana
1 post
Save Topic
Canopies at Splash Country

Has anyone rented one of the canopies ($25) or retreats ($150) at Dollywood's Splash Country? We have never been to Splash Country, but are planning an early August week in the smokies.

I would appreciate any advice on 1. which area of the park to request my canopy, 2. is it really necessary, or is shade available without the canopy and 3. would a retreat really be worth the $$$.

If our entire group goes on the same day we would have 6 adults, 4 older teens,10 yr old and a 7 yr old. I would like to spring for the retreat, but I haven't convinced my hubby its a good idea.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canopies at Splash Country

My wife and I are not big fans of the heat. And since we took our daughter, her husband, and two grandchildren in the month of June, we rented a retreat.

It was worth it for us. I can't remember exactly where the retreat was located, but it was toward the far end from the entrance of the park. The retreat provided a place for us simply to relax and read. It's screened in for privacy, and there's a T.V. if your'e interested. It's a good place to keep things since there is a storage lock up, and you can order lunch over the phone that's in there, and have it brought to the retreat.

Personally, there's no way I do splashworld without one, simply because I'm not into playing around in water features and rides.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
1,308 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canopies at Splash Country

Hi,

We have been to Splash Country a few times. We have never rented a canopy or retreat, but we have seen them. The canopies are really tiny. They hold 2 lawn chairs only. So with a large family..you would definately want the retreat. They look really nice. IF you have the money to spend & want a shady spot for the family to relax, it is probably a good idea. There really are NO shady spots in the park!

Hope this helps!

3. Re: Canopies at Splash Country

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2012, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge