We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3rd time to Great Smokey Mountains need help

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
3rd time to Great Smokey Mountains need help

Hello! We have been to the Great Smokey Mountains three times and my 13 year old, my 10 year old, my husband and I have had an awesome time there. We are going back fourth of July weekend and we are staying at the inn at christmas place (hopefully). We were wondering if anyone knows any good places to eat to have fun or places we need to steer away from. Thank you so much and please feel free to put in your input.! (We are staying around Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg area.)

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3rd time to Great Smokey Mountains need help

Well, you can't go wrong staying at the Inn at Christmas Place. It's the BEST hotel I've ever stayed in! Of course, it helps that I'm a Christmas nut.

My son and I did the Zorb last summer and had a great time. It's funny; the ride up the hill in the van was more frightening than the Zorb ride down...LOL. http://www.zorb.com/smoky

You might go out to Townsend and float the river with Smoky Mountain River Rats. http://www.smokymtnriverrat.com/ My entire family, mom included, loved this, too.

And we never miss an opportunity to visit Dollywood.

Have a great trip!

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
938 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3rd time to Great Smokey Mountains need help

Do you have reservations yet? If not, you might better jump on that. The weekend of the 4th will be very crowded and I'm sure hotels are going fast.

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3rd time to Great Smokey Mountains need help

I will echo BradMac's endorsement of the Inn at Christmas Place. My wife and I stayed there at the end of March and it was great. Some of our favorite places to eat are just down the Parkway from IaCP. Calhoun's and Smoky Mountain Brewery are at Walden's Landing. There is also a nice mini golf place there called Firehouse Golf. They have two courses. The Forge Cinemas are also at Walden's Landing. Two nice places for lunch are McAlister's Deli just down the Parkway and The Pottery Mill Cafe in the Old Mill complex. If you are on Facebook, The Inn at Christmas Place occasionally posts discounts on their page. I hope that this helps.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3rd time to Great Smokey Mountains need help

Than you so much for commenting!

5. Re: 3rd time to Great Smokey Mountains need help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 19:17