We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for a show & helicopter ride?

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Port, Florida
Level Contributor
96 posts
274 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for a show & helicopter ride?

We(hubby & I) are visiting Aug 21 - 27. So we think we have everything set as far as what were doing/staying except two things.

Neither of us has ever been to any shows before. We are going to two during our trip. We will def go to Dixie Stampede based on what all Iv read about it(sounds really good!) but we cannot decide on the other show. For the 2nd show, we really just want a good funny comedy more then a "show"(like dixie) more comedy then singing & dancing. Which shows provide a lot of comedy(I know most will still have some dancing/ect which is fine) I thought the murder mystery dinner show sounded good.. but wasnt sure how it compares with others. I know there are quite a few shows out there so Id love to hear any advice for us.

We also really liked the idea of a helicopter ride. Neither of us has been in a helicopter and it seemed like a unique experience to try. Has anyone used Senic Helicopter Tours in Pigeon Forge? If so we have looked through there site and the least expensive is around $36 for about 10-12 mile flight(do you get to see much?) Were wondering if that is even worth it for such a short time. We didn't want to spend a lot for it, but if you dont see much at all for their cheapest flight maybe we could go with the next least expensive.. if you have ever flown with them, please let me know how it was and which flight you took. Also, do you have to make a reservation with them in advance? I didn't see it saying you had to, so just wondered. Any extra tips would also be wonderful!

Thank you!

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for a show & helicopter ride?

We have been to the comedy barn several times and really like it. It is a little on the corny side but it is still hilarious. The whole production is lead by just a small team of people. It's not really someone telling jokes. They also interact with the audience, and have a clip with rescued and trained dogs that is really cool. You can see some clips on youtube if you search for it.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for a show & helicopter ride?

Comedy Barn is really funny, you do not get a meal, just a show, and we also liked the Murder Mystery Theater, we have seen the American Idol and also the Gone with the Wind one. The food was good and we enjoyed the show. There is also a new dinner show, it is the Hatfield vs McCoy, it is located where Black Bear used to be, we also enjoyed that. Sometime this month, I believe, another dinner theater is scheduled to open, it is about lumberjacks.

Wv
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for a show & helicopter ride?

We did the helicopter ride, but wouldn't do it again. What you see isn't really worth it since much of time you are over and around PF. I believe they are not allowed to fly over the park, although you can see the mountains off to the side.

bowling...
Level Contributor
44 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for a show & helicopter ride?

The Comedy Barn is a good choice. I have done helicopter rides three times. One was a short ride(about 10 minutes). That was okay just to say you have been in a helicopter. My wife and I have taken the Grand Tour twice. It goes over the park as well as the surrounding towns. It is expensive but well worth it.

Madison, AL
Level Contributor
406 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice for a show & helicopter ride?

We like the Murder Mystery Dinner Show, we saw 'Frankly Scarlett, You're Dead' show and it was so so funny, they had audience participation and the food was pretty good too! We went last year, so If they're still showing that one, I highly recommend it!

Providence Forge...
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice for a show & helicopter ride?

If you like HeeHaw you would like the Comedy Barn you could do the 2 shows for $59.

7. Re: Advice for a show & helicopter ride?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 01:17