We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do not stay at the HIE, Holiday Inn Express, PIGEON FORGE

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
BFE
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Do not stay at the HIE, Holiday Inn Express, PIGEON FORGE

Do not stay at the HIE, Holiday Inn Express, PIGEON FORGE/NEAR DOLLYWOOD;

308 Henderson Chapel Road

Pigeon Forge, TN 37863

I work in the travel industry so I may be a little hyper critical... but I have a list of all things wrong.

They did not keep coffee out 24 hours except for breakfast. When we asked them to make some the front desk staff kind of talked down to us and gave us the packs we had asked for, and an older lady just patted the counter and told us young ladies to go make the coffee in our rooms.

Whoever painted the room, room 410, had done a terrible job, and you could tell where pictures used to hang, and were no longer there and all you could see was spackle where nails used to be.

The toliet paper holder was loose,and coming out of the wall. The tissue box holder was in the wall crooked, with gaps showing, the air vent in the bathroom was very dusty and dirty.

2 of the 5 pinic area lights were out, and almost all the lights were out in the pool area, Pool area was kept ex-streamly HOT.

The only thing I can say is that there roll-a-way was comfortable at least. I had to sleep in it, since no double rooms were available at the time off booking and checking in...

and forget an early check in. They told us we couldn't at 2pm and at check in time 4pm, they told us our room was still not ready. My ex had gotten the room key earlier when trying to check in before, so we went to check for ourselves if room was actually clean and it was and no telling how long it had been.

The HIE Pigeon Forge near Dollywood needs to get there act together or they are sure to fail there next inspection.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do not stay at the HIE, Holiday Inn Express, PIGEON FORGE

That's not good for the owner's of the hotel. Visitor's to hotels of this type don't demand a lot but you describe too many faults. It should not be a lot of trouble to clean up rooms and the public spaces at hotels of this type. I hate to hear bad reports like yours because these are the type hotels that visitors frequent often. Thanks for your TR.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,067 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do not stay at the HIE, Holiday Inn Express, PIGEON FORGE

Totally agree axle you should complain to Holiday Inn coporate office and tell them what was all wrong at the hotel.

3. Re: Do not stay at the HIE, Holiday Inn Express, PIGEON FORGE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 October 2011, 00:35
Alabama
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do not stay at the HIE, Holiday Inn Express, PIGEON FORGE

Should be pointed out the poster may be a first time poster but HAS posted previous reviews.

5. Re: Do not stay at the HIE, Holiday Inn Express, PIGEON FORGE

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do not stay at the HIE, Holiday Inn Express, PIGEON FORGE

I think the point was, the poster might be a first time forum participant, yet he/she is not to be automatically cast as invalid since the person has contributions in the past. Seemed clear enough to me.

7. Re: Do not stay at the HIE, Holiday Inn Express, PIGEON FORGE

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do not stay at the HIE, Holiday Inn Express, PIGEON FORGE

Ray, did you read the entire thread? I took Veebee's post to be taking up for the OP. The poster before Veebee was pointing out that this was a first time poster complaining about something. I agree that just because someone is a new poster does not make their opinion invalid, but all of us long time posters have seen fake reviews or a one time poster who posts one time dogging a company/hotel out and disappears, sometimes because they are only trying to get an unwarranted refund. I thought Veebee was pointing out that just because it was their first FORUM post, it was not in fact their first contribution.

Edited: 17 October 2011, 00:14
Alabama
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do not stay at the HIE, Holiday Inn Express, PIGEON FORGE

Thank you dawg and S&S. I was just pointing out that the OP was not A "NEW" account. Geez.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do not stay at the HIE, Holiday Inn Express, PIGEON FORGE

Why were my 2 previous postings deemed "innopropriate" and denied? On what merits?

Ray