We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Shows

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Christmas Shows

Any suggestions on Christmas shows to attend in pigeon forge in the beginning of Dec.?

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,831 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Shows

We have only done the Comedy barn, we really enjoyed it. The primary things that were Christmas was the music and the stage was decorated. I would recommend it.

Madison, AL
Level Contributor
406 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Shows

The Dixie Stampede has a great Christmas show!

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Shows

I will 2nd Dixie Stampede, very moving performance

kentucky
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Shows

Dixie Stampede is our favorite.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Shows

I would suggest going to Dollywood that way you get all the shows, and the rides and all the shops included. And you get to see all the beautiful lights and decorations. it's well worth every penny,because you can spend $50.00 just for a dinner show, this way you get many wonderful shows plus everything else included in one price. We go every year and It's the highlight of the season My family wouldn't miss it.

Edited: 07 November 2011, 21:58
Rossville, Ga
Level Contributor
474 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Shows

Our family really enjoys The Dixie Stampede. When you first look at the price, it takes you back a little. When you think though, you are getting the preshow (our family loves the Christmas preshow) and then the show itself which keeps your attention the entire time and a great dinner. If you have never been, go to their website and watch the Christmas clip or go to youtube and they have plenty clips to watch and get a good idea. My boys (16 and 12) love the show and my husband and I really look forward to it each year. Great family memories!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Shows

I agree, Dollywood is the place to go for Christmas anything. I love the wonderful lighted tree. If you go there is some kind of shoe string potatoes covered with some kind of sauce that I saw on T.V. for the best park food or something like that. People come from all over just to get that one food item. In addition there is some huge Christmas show beginning in December that I saw a brochure for while in Pigeon Forge. Stop at the visitors center in Pigeon Forge to get more information.

Byron, Georgia
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas Shows

What is the Dixie Stampede christmas show about? We saw the regular one, how is the christmas one different? Thanks

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas Shows

Dixie's Christmas has parts of the regular show, horse riding, singing,they have Christmas outfits on, but the best part, in my opinion, is they act out the Christmas story, lets see how can I describe it, they have Joseph come out with Mary on a donkey and walk in, then shepards with a large flock of sheep, goats, etc. Then the kings come in on camels, stop and give the presents to the newborn baby, they get back on the camels and ride off, etc. That is just a small part of show, but their is beautiful music to set the scene. We loved it and last year brought the grandkids to see it. Smallest was a 3 year old girl, who had no problem watching it and sitting still, she did not even ask to go to the bathroom, she did not want to miss anything. It is what our church Dixie part is just spectacular and in my opinion, not to be missed.

Belleville
Level Contributor
142 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas Shows

I wish i could take some time off to see that Dixie Stampede Christmas show. It sounds fantastic.

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge