We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which golf for young kids?

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
jc tenn
Level Contributor
549 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which golf for young kids?

Which golf is recommended for a 4 and 6 year old? I know there are several in the area.

TIA,

KC

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which golf for young kids?

There is a putt putt golf course right along the main drag in Pigeon Forge that has larger than life cows, pigs, chickens, etc. I cannot remember the name of the place, but you will see it when driving. My 4 year old grandson is still talking about the place 6 months after we visited the place. They also have some special deal where you purchase a plastic golf club for your child, and he can bring it back and get free golf the next time. When we were there in the fall, it was quite busy.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,780 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which golf for young kids?

Cattailgal,

If I remember correctly, you are going to the area within the next couple of weeks. You may have problems finding some of the mini-golf places open this early in the season.

Most of them may not open until Easter. Just to let you know.

Ohio
Level Contributor
577 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which golf for young kids?

We have always gone to Hillbilly Golf in G'burg. When we were there last August, we took our then (almost) 3 year old daughter for the first time...she liked it & did really well. That is just the one we prefer. I know there are newer ones with more props, but this is our favorite.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,780 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which golf for young kids?

I'm pretty sure Hillbilly Golf is still closed for the season and won't open again until later in the spring. There's a very slim chance they might be open on the weekend days, but I don't think so this early.

Cattailgal is going to the area in the next couple of weeks.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which golf for young kids?

My 3yr old son loved the Black Light Golf in Gatlinburg with the underwater theme, he called it pirate golf. It is indoors so it should be open.

in a mountain stream
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which golf for young kids?

Treasure quest miniature golf is an indoor putt putt course in Gatlinburg, so they are open year round. It is on the right hand side of the parkway, headed north, sandwiched between gift shops. The description reads:

"A championship 18-hole indoor golf course filled with unusual and spectacular scenes. Exciting, challenging and fun for all ages. Open rain or shine."

Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which golf for young kids?

Old MacDonald's (the farm themed one) and Professor Hacker's (middle of town) are our favorites. Both are in Pigeon Forge area, we've never been there this early in the year so I'm not sure if they would be open?

Have fun!