We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic trip to Pigeon Forge

Gulfport, MS
Level Contributor
9 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic trip to Pigeon Forge

My husband and I are planning on visiting Pigeon Forge in April for part of his 2 week R&R from Afganistan. I am looking for something romantic/fun to do. Any ideas?

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic trip to Pigeon Forge

The first thing I'd do is rent a nice cabin maybe not nesessarily in Pigeon Forge. But also in any of the surrounding areas of Gat/burg, or the Townsend / Wears Valley area. {Our personall favorite is Wears Vally) There's the basis for the romance......Now take in all the sights of the G.S.M.N.P. The activities are limited only by your time here.

Ray

South Carolina
Level Contributor
12 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic trip to Pigeon Forge

I second the advice about visiting the outskirts of PF. PF is like Myrtle Beach to me, often crowded and very touristy. It's a nice place to shop, let the kids have fun, maybe eat, but not what I'd call romantic. Gatlinburg has the same problem and we made the mistake of honeymooning there 10 years ago. Big disappointment. Lots of people would recommend a cabin, which would be secluded and private, but remember there's no room service! You'll have to clean after yourselves, make your own bed, supply your own linens and toiletries, none of which is very romantic. We do it but it's not everyone's cup of tea. My favorite part of my last PF trip was driving around outside the town. We went to Wears Valley and drove through Cade's Cove which was nice and relaxing. If you stay in PF find one of the inns that has gas fireplaces and jacuzzis in room. At least you can relax together when you're tired of the outlet mall and pancake houses.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic trip to Pigeon Forge

I would like to clear up a few of the facts fron the previous poster. I'm not a "veteran" cabin renter, just rented a few times. But each cabin rental came with smaller size dish washing liquid.Most condiments (salt,pepper,mustard and ketchup was provided. Linnens, towels and wash-clothes were always provided

The fact that no-one comes in and cleans up or straightens up is a plus.....you never fret about the maid rapping on you door to freshen up at "a bad time". Also yu never have to worry about room service going thru your belongings while you're gone.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic trip to Pigeon Forge

The Comfort Inn - Apple Valley is actually on the Sevierville side of the Pigeon River, but it is only steps to the Pigeon Forge side. This particular Comfort Inn is really great, and it has really nice, spacious rooms with the gas fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. Breakfast is included in your cost. The maid/cleaning service is one of the best we have ever experienced anywhere we have stayed, and we've never had a problem with any of our belongings being taken from the room. I agree with visiting Wears Valley for its beauty and the little shops along the road, and of course, the national park. Most of all, just enjoy each other for those 2 wonderful weeks! Hope you have a great time.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic trip to Pigeon Forge

A cabin with a hot tub would be good. I would just recommend you find a cabin close to town. We don't usually rent a cabin because we spend so much time in town and in the park. There's so much to see and do here it's hard for us to stay inside. The Christmas Place inn is a nice and a special place if your looking for a hotel. I would recommend a show, nice dinners, hiking in the park. Enjoy your time together what ever you do.

6. Re: Romantic trip to Pigeon Forge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge
Recent Conversations