We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip in April with kids. Help with activities

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Trip in April with kids. Help with activities

We are coming to Pigeon Forge area the 1st week in April. We will be staying in a cabin for 4 nights. We have 2 girls age 10 and 1 boy age 9. What are some activities not to be missed? One of the girls wants to go to the Titanic Museum. The other 2 want to see the Lumberjack show. They have talked about ziplining. My husband would love to go white water rafting. We are planning on walking around in the Smokey Mnt park. Any other suggestions. Thanks for the help!

Providence Forge...
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip in April with kids. Help with activities

Dollywood is great! Comedy Barn is awesome (but no meal), Dixie Stampede you get a meal (which is fun for kids since there are no utensils).

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
480 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip in April with kids. Help with activities

klke, the Titanic and Lumberjack show are good half-day activities and highly recommended. Whitewater rafting is a full-day endeavor so some planning with the weather and your schedule would be required. I would highly recommmend planning a day trip to the mountains with a picnic, hike and taking photographs. When our children were that age, we always included a trip to the park. Those are some of our very best memories (and photographs) from those early trips.

Amy

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip in April with kids. Help with activities

Cades Cove is one I always like.

Haubstadt IN
Level Contributor
336 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip in April with kids. Help with activities

Our girls are 18, 13, & 8 and we visit the area often. We spend alot of our time in the park. We all love scenic drives, hikes & picnic lunches. Stop by the Sugarlands visitor center for lots of good info. They sell, for nominal fees, maps & information on the various hikes, drives & other areas of the park. We usually set aside one or two days each week-long stay to do the more tourist-y stuff in town ~ mini golf, go karts, arcades, etc. Have a great trip!!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip in April with kids. Help with activities

If you stop at the Sugarlands Visitor Center or the Ranger Station at Elkmont Campground or Cades Cove Ranger Station, you can pick up a Junior Ranger Book. It has activities for the kids to complete and they can earn a badge when they finish and turn it in. There is a nominal cost but it goes towards the park, so really worth it. I dont know if it is a can't miss, but it's fun for them if you are going to be in the park anyway.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
496 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip in April with kids. Help with activities

If you are going to the Titanic Museum, go to their website www.titanicpigeonforge.com and purchase the Family pass for $56. it will save you at least $24 on tickets purchased individually.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip in April with kids. Help with activities

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely check all them out.

Georgia
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip in April with kids. Help with activities

"Festival Of Nations" will be at Dollywood. I'm planning on taking my 4 yr. & 16 yr. old granddaughters there the first week of April. Really looking forward to their shows. If you go after 3:00 p.m., you get in the next day on the same ticket.

Townsend, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Townsend, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
963 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip in April with kids. Help with activities

If you will be headed to Cades Cove, consider a side trip to Townsend - 2 miles from the Y intersection that you will pass on your way to Cades Cove. The Great Smoky Mountain Heritage Center has a replica of an Appalachian village with some hands on exhibits and another mile down the road is the Litlle River Railroad Museum. Both offer unique information about the history of the area and the GSMNP. You could do both easily in 2 hours - more or less depending on your level of interest. The RR museum is free and contains interesting history about the logging of the smokys before the Park was established. The road you will travel along the Little River through the park was once a RR bed. A steam engine and coal car is on display along with a photo and artifact museum. A couple of restaurants in town - Miss Lily's - right behind the SubWay is a nice choice with a good menu and consistent quality food.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
676 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip in April with kids. Help with activities

Cades cove is beautiful, and it shouldn't take too long to get through, as long as there aren't any non-drivers in front of you. LOL (Last time we went through, somebody kept stopping in the middle of the road to take pictures, blocking all traffic and not letting anyone go by. There was literally a mile of traffic behind us when we made it all the way through the loop. Ughh!!)

But there are some beautiful photo opportunities in the park!!

Go carts and mini golf would be nice afternoon. My boys (13 and 7) love it, I think that's their favorite part of PF.

Hope you have a great trip!

Karen

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge