We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabin help!!!

Michigan
Level Contributor
141 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Cabin help!!!

I found this cabin listed and was wondering if anyone had stayed here or had any advise about the area. Are the cabins in Shagbark community more secluded. I really dont want another cabin right next to us.

http://www.vrbo.com/175628

Thanks for any help

Central Illinois
Level Contributor
353 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabin help!!!

I did a Google search for "Shagbark, Pigeon Forge". What came up was Shagbark Property Owners Association on 3150 North Clear Fork Rd in Sevierville. This is probably the place you are renting from since you are on VRBO. Anyway, if this is the place the cabins are nicely spaced. It doesn't look as if you will be able to peek in the windows of neighboring cabins, or vice versa. Type that address into Google maps and see what you think.....hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Sevierville
Sevierville
Sevier County, TN
Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabin help!!!

The cabin seems to have many nice amenities, too. I did notice that it is a pet-friendly cabin. Some people have allergy issues, so be aware of that. Otherwise, it seems like a nice place! At $89 per night, some hotels can't match that price.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabin help!!!

Shagbark community is out off of Wears Valley Rd. From The Parkway you would travel about 3 miles on Wears Valley Rd, then from there you turn on one of the roads and travel up the mountains about 2-3 more miles before coming to the entrance for Shagbark community. This area is nice, yet does have some steep, windy roads to get to, but probably no more so than any other cabin areas. As for closeness of cabins, I do not remember how close they are to one another, but from looking at the pics of the cabin you chose, it appears it is quite secluded.

Edited: 13 March 2012, 14:34
Missouri
Level Contributor
118 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabin help!!!

I've been looking at "neighbors" on yahoo

People search as I research cabins. With the satellite view, you can get a good idea of your surroundings. However, it's hard to find an address on some VRBO listings.

Lansing, Illinois
Level Contributor
151 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabin help!!!

We stayed in Shagbark years ago. I don't know if many cabins have been added since then, but at the time it wasn't bad. The cabins were not too close together like some of the newer resorts and there were lots of trees around, which added to the feeling of privacy. Shagbark is a gated community, so there is security. We enjoyed the area and would go back.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabin help!!!

From what I can remember, Shagbark Community is a gated community located about 7-9 miles from red light #3, Pigeon Forge. You will turn right onto Waldens Creek Road off of Wears Valley Road and it will be on the left side several miles down. What I have heard from others that has stayed there, some roads are gravel, some very steep hills, and most cabins/homes are spaced apart.

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
7. Re: Cabin help!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 08:41
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge