We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Shopping

Staunton, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery Shopping

I was trying to find out what stores are available. I did see there was a Kroger & Walmart near Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. I'm not a huge fan of Walmart so I'm curious if there are any other stores nearby. Thanks!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Shopping

I like Kroger. They have great meat and good service.

Kroger

220 Wears Valley Road, Pigeon Forge, TN

(865) 429-0874

Staunton, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Shopping

Thanks! We used to have a Kroger here but it has been awhile since I have been to one. I'm a couponer so I'm trying to get a list and such in order. Thanks again!

Southaven...
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Shopping

There is a Food City in PF on the Parkway. We have shopped there before. They had some good deals on food and accept coupons.

Im not a huge fan of Wally World?(Walmart).

I would try to bring as much nonperishable foods from home if you can.

Wyandotte, Michigan
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery Shopping

I second Food City. We did our shopping there last year and got a temporary savings card that also helped on gas. We are heading back down on Friday and plan on doing our shopping there again.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery Shopping

I also think FOOD CITY in Pigeon Forge is the best way to shop.If you do shop at the local store, (I think there's also one in Gat/burg) be sure to get your shoppers card. We were fortunate enough to purchase ours while we stood in line to pay for our groceries.

Ray

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grocery Shopping

I think I would check out the Kroger. We shopped at the Food City on the parkway in PF last year and I personally thought it was NASTY. Smelled horrible. I've never been in the one in G'burg so I can't comment on that one. If you are staying someone out toward the Townsend area the IGA out there is pretty good.

Georgia
Level Contributor
477 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grocery Shopping

I agree with the Food City being a nasty store. We always stay at Riverstone so we are close to it but I choose to drive to Kroger since it is by far superior to Food CIty.

kentucky
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grocery Shopping

Food City in PF is usually the one we use.It is very busy tho.There is a new FC on your way in from the interstate(I 40)Haven't been to that one but have heard it was nice.There is also one on 321 out of Gatlinburg just before the turnoff for the Arts n Craft loop.I would ask for a saver card when you go in---saves you some money.

Edited: 02 April 2012, 13:55
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
479 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grocery Shopping

The Food City on 321 in Gatlinburg is a relatively new store. We shop there almost everytime we go to Gatlinburg. It's a nice clean store.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grocery Shopping

We always go to the Food City in PF because I think Kroger's is a lot higher on their prices. We also like to go to Wal mart. and of course we try to bring as much as we can from home and put it in a cooler.