We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternate route to Dollywood.

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Clintwood, Virginia
Level Contributor
18 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Alternate route to Dollywood.

Is there a back way from Dollywood to East parkway in Gatlinburg? Trying to avoid Rod Run Traffic. Thanks.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternate route to Dollywood.

I suppose you could take Upper Middle Creek Rd. (which is the continuation of Dollywood Lane) to a right on Birds Creek Rd., to a right on the east parkway into GB. I don't know if you'll save any time that way, though.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternate route to Dollywood.

Another way would be to take Upper Middle Creek Rd. out about 4-6 miles, turn right onto Oldham Creek Rd., at the stop sign turn left onto Boogertown Rd., which comes out in the Arts & Crafts Community (Glades Rd.) Like the above poster said, not real sure if either of these ways will save you any time due to these roads being narrow and curvy.

Clintwood, Virginia
Level Contributor
18 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alternate route to Dollywood.

Narrow and curvy is just like home, lol. Trying to miss stop and go Rod Run traffic. I thought they closed the Dollywood lane entrance and you had to go onto Veterans Blvd.

4. Re: Alternate route to Dollywood.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 23:42
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge