We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report 4/4-4/6

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
N. GA
Level Contributor
475 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip Report 4/4-4/6

We had a great little get-away to Pigeon Forge:-) It was a fairly short ride and we arrived at Best Western Toni Inn. We were allowed to check in early with the understanding our room was not ready. We headed off to Little Tokoyo for lunch. It took longer than we would have liked but my daughters and I agreed it was well worth the wait for our delicious meal! There was enough food for another meal later in the trip. Our room was ready when we returned. One thing to be aware of, there is one elevator at this property about one-third of the way around the building. If your room is the 20's and especially the 30's on the 2nd or 3rd floor, you will want to use the steps or prepare to walk a bit. The room was very clean and the pools were both great. The price was excellent but I hope we can stay somewhere nicer next time. That night we headed to Bakin Bishop only to learn they close at 5. We moved on to SMB for the 1/2 price burgers. There was no parking anywhere near ( I have walking difficulties) so we went to Calhouns...also on the To Do list. Had their Ale Steak and it was great! As it was Spring Break for many schools, everywhere was crowded and a bit rushed and this was no exception. Breakfast at the hotel was very basic but okay. Did a little shopping and had lunch at Chop House. One of the best burgers I have ever had overshadowed apethetic server. We made sure to make it to Bakin' Bishop this day and were not at all disappointed. They have a dozen mini sampler choice that we got and you can chose each flavor and topping individually. It was very easy to see why this excellent place with super friendly owners and yummy treats is #1 on TA!! Spent a lot of time in the indoor pool that afternoon as it was overcast and rainy. Our last morning, we made a return trip to Bakin Bishop and grabbed some sandwiches from McAllister's. Thought we had beaten the crowd but it as a good 30 minute wait from ordering to getting our food to go. We got some awesome pictures on the way home. Our planned picnic ended up being on the side of the road in a shaddy spot in the car, but we enjoyed the food and the memory made. Next time, I hope to upgrade hotels as well as have enough money to attend some of the newer shows.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report 4/4-4/6

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. You included some good tips also, like the comment about the elevator.

I hope you can find the time to review some places you visited individually in the review sections of TA. I suspect you might be good at it :-)

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report 4/4-4/6

Oops. Just saw where you did review quite a bit !

N. GA
Level Contributor
475 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report 4/4-4/6

Thank you so much for the compliment. I am a teacher and enjoy writing. I forgot to mention in my trip report that I had reviewed each place in their correct category. I think people forget that sometimes and I wanted to bc I depend so much on TA!!!

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report 4/4-4/6

Good point, JNJNJN. And thanks for the great report!

5. Re: Trip Report 4/4-4/6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 13:40
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge