We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NON resort cabin that is somewhat secluded

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
220 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
NON resort cabin that is somewhat secluded

My husband and I are looking to go to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area in September for our 12 yr. anniversary. Looking for a romantic cabin that is NOT in a resort, as most of the resort cabins I have saw are not secluded at all. We are mostly looking for a cabin that is secluded or at least somewhat secluded and that is within 10-15 drive from the attractions. I have searched TONS of cabin rental sites and can't seem to find what we are looking for that isn't already booked or that is within our budget of $150-$175 a night. Can anyone suggest a great non-resort cabin for us????

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,314 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NON resort cabin that is somewhat secluded

We liked At First Sight very much. It's at the end of Gatlinburg closest to the Park. It was private enough that we couldn't see anyone from the hot tub on the deck, so we went au naturel.

Townsend, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Townsend, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
962 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NON resort cabin that is somewhat secluded

Volunteer cabin rentals located in Wears Valley has a nice selection of secluded, non resort cabins that would be within 15 mins of the PF strip and attractions. http://www.volunteercabinrentals.com/

Virginia
Level Contributor
621 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NON resort cabin that is somewhat secluded

We've stayed in this cabin three times and would be staying there again in June if our dates weren't already booked. The owners are very nice and easy to work with and the cabin is super clean. Its not in a resort but does have a couple of houses/cabins behind it but you can barely see them. We also prefer private/secluded cabins and have been very happy with the location. And its about a 10 min drive to the parkway in PF.

http://www.vrbo.com/201079

Townsend, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Townsend, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
962 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NON resort cabin that is somewhat secluded

You are looking around PF/Gatlinburg, but when you said secluded it made me think of these folks just a short drive away. A small family owned operation in Townsend. Their cabins are located in Dry Valley - right on the oher side of Rich Mountain which runs between Cades Cove and Townsend. I have not stayed here but bike ride in the area and it is secluded and very peaceful. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g55383-i2366-k4648…

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NON resort cabin that is somewhat secluded

we used pigeonforgecabins.com and booked the Honeymoon View #1. It is not in the resort and relatively private. #2 is identical and on the same private road. We thought it was great.

Georgia
Level Contributor
104 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NON resort cabin that is somewhat secluded

Dodgen has some, just tell them what you want and they are reasonable. They have some close to down and some very secluded out of town and on mountain sides. Bing them to see their rentals.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NON resort cabin that is somewhat secluded

Sunset Cottages is our favorite cabin rental company. But lately we having been using VRBO. I bet if you call them directly and tell them exactly what you are looking for, they can help you out. Plus they are running some pretty good specials during September. we have never had a problem with any of the cabin we rented thru them.

This is copied directly from the September Specials page of www.sunsetcottage.com

Stay 4, 5 or 6 nights and receive 1 of those nights free!

Five-night Sunday through Thursday Special Rate of 25% off the regular rate. That adds up to a lot of gas and extra entertainment.

Stay 7 nights and receive 20% off your stay. That equals a savings of more than one night free!

Non-Peak Season Rates apply!

We have a TWO (2) night minimum stay on all properties, excluding Labor Day weekend.

We have a THREE (3) night minimum stay on all properties during the Labor Day weekend (8/31, 9/1, 9/2).

These discounts apply to any property except where noted in individual property descriptions (all September Specials exclude Labor Day Weekend 8/31, 9/1 and 9/2 and apply to new reservations only).

Hope this helps.

Karen

leftcoast
Level Contributor
280 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NON resort cabin that is somewhat secluded

Check out the cabins on a small no outlet street off the Spur about halfway between GB and PF via Beech Branch Rd. It is called Cornerstone Way. Sunset Cottage has a 1 br w/private hot tub called "Away for Romance".

Kodak, Tennessee
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: NON resort cabin that is somewhat secluded

This chalet is in Gatlinburg and very private and secluded.

jacksonmountainhomes.com/rental/house.html…

10. Re: NON resort cabin that is somewhat secluded

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 11:41
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge