We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollywood with a small child?

Kenosha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
105 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Dollywood with a small child?

As we're planning our trip this year, my husband and I were wondering if Dollywood has enough to entertain a three year old. The web site doesn't seem to answer that question and I've never been there. Hubs hadn't gone since he was a kid.

It would be just the three of us and I know we couldn't do coasters together but wasn't sure how much there is to keep a small child happy.

Thanks for the insights!

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollywood with a small child?

They have kidsfest starting June 23, and nice kids shows are included free, they have a couple of regular playgrounds for kids, water activity areas, a few rides for younger ones, dollywood train and carousel ride. Dollywood has a parent swap policy that the parents can get in line for the bigger rides. That means one parent can ride then wait with the child then, they switch when the other parent is done. HTH, and other question? feel free to ask.

Kenosha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dollywood with a small child?

Thanks so much for the response!

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dollywood with a small child?

My grandkids will ride the carausel multiple of times, some days you do not even have to wait in line. I don't know how brave your little person is, but there are a few rides they can do by themselves. There is a "flying elephant" ride that I ride with them when they are young. Try to wait till after lunch to go to some of the big shows that are air-conditioned,, that way the little person can take a nap and you can relax a bit.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dollywood with a small child?

I'm sure your 3 year old will love it... We always get season tickets and love to watch the young kids, mine is now 20 years old and I wish I would have taken him to Dollywood when he was younger, we started going when he was around 8. Dollywood has things for ALL ages and it's the best most beautiful park I have been to, with all kinds of shade to sit in and many shops.I hope u have a great trip.

tn
Level Contributor
153 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dollywood with a small child?

They have lots of rides for small.kids and families. with that age the county fair is a great area to be in

Kenosha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dollywood with a small child?

Thanks, all, for the advice. We are still undecided, but I'm glad to know our little guy would be entertained if we do go.

7. Re: Dollywood with a small child?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 13:40
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge