We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

q bot

baltimore
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
q bot

Is this worth purchasing. How long will the lines get in mid June on a wed. or thurs?

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: q bot

You won't need to purchase that...You will have no trouble, the shows may have a LOOOONGGGG line but if you wait till just before the show starts you can get right in, as far as the rides you still shouldn't have any trouble. we always get season tickets and we never have any trouble.

Channahon, Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: q bot

How about for the beginning of August? And just how crowded is Dollywood Nights? We plan on going Monday at 3 until 10 and then the next full day on Tuesday. I thought about the Q bot until I saw the price. We are going mainly for rides.

Edited: 04 June 2012, 01:01
Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,716 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: q bot

We usually get the Q-Bot if the park is crowded. It sounds expensive, but we were at Universal Studios a couple weeks ago. The Universal Studios similar system was more for one person than Dollywood's is for a family of four.

TN
Level Contributor
120 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: q bot

If you can afford it and it is busy go for it. We have season passes (5th yr in a row) and this year seems far busier than previous years. I blame the Wild Eagle, but who knows. Rides that we have never waited more than 5-10 min have had 30-45 min waits. Crazy. Also, we went yesterday. We got there at 10:45 (they open at 10) and they were already using parking lot F.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: q bot

I blame the economy folks are staying close to home.

the q bot is worth it.

tn
Level Contributor
153 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: q bot

We bought season passes this year because it is something we can do close to home all summer. the wild eagle is pretty awesome so I'm sure it will attract people. The first time we went this season it was very low crowds. we went a few weeks later and it was packed! We parked way in back of parking lot and it was around 11am when we got there. I have never bought q bot before. the lines move pretty fast but I would consider if it were real long lines. I would play by ear and get em if you need to.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: q bot

Can anyone tell me if you can have more than one ride reservation at a time with the Q-bot? Or is it like the Disney FastPass, where you can only have one at a time?

From what it says on the Dollywood site, it sounds like the Q-bot works like you are basically getting in line for a ride without actually being there. So whatever the wait time is for the ride, that is how long you would wait before you show up to ride. But how long is the window you have to get there? I'm guessing your "window" will close at some point if you take too long.

Georgia
Level Contributor
477 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: q bot

You can only reserve one ride at a time.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: q bot

Does that go for shows too? Or can you reserve a show and a ride at the same time?

10. Re: q bot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge