We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pop Up Tent Camping

Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Pop Up Tent Camping

We are looking for a campground that is a good location for popup campers. I also prefer locking shower stall doors, not shower curtains. I do not want to camp beside luxury RVs. We love places like Fall Creek Falls. Are there any simular places near pigeon forge? Suggestions please.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pop Up Tent Camping

There is KOA in Pigeon Forge which is located on a stream. I stayed there years ago and it was nice. Also in Townsend there is a KOA and a couple of other campgrounds on the stream which everyone tubes. These get good reviews. Townsend is anout 30 minutes to Pigeon Forge and near the wye and Cades Cove

Townsend, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Townsend, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
963 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pop Up Tent Camping

If you don't find what you are looking for in PF, Townsend has several campgrounds including the KOA. All of them are located with campsites right on the Little River. One campground in the area is Tuckaleechee Campground - located up against a bluff and across the Little River over a one lane bridge and on the other side from the main highway. http://www.tuckaleecheecampground.com/ It is not as polished as a KOA but it might have that State Park feel you are looking for. No info on the shower door lock. Hope you find a great spot!

3. Re: Pop Up Tent Camping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge