We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best show for a family of 5 at T-giving...

indiana
Level Contributor
222 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best show for a family of 5 at T-giving...

I've been to the area probably 100 times-we come several times a year and yet I've never been to a show. We are a family of 5-me and the husband, and 3 kids 15, 13, and 10. We arent necessarily a show type of family-but I really think I would like to see one this year. Right now I am thinking Christmas at the Opry, LumberJack Feud, or Dixie Stampede. Any ideas on what would be most appealing to two 40ish people and 3 adolescents?

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best show for a family of 5 at T-giving...

Definitely try Dixie Stampede, their Christmas show is so good. There is a processional with camels carrying the wide men, Mary and Joseph on a donkey, loads of sheep, goats, etc. It will quickly get you into the Christmas spirit.

TN
Level Contributor
120 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best show for a family of 5 at T-giving...

Dixie Stampede! Not sure of the ages of your children, but Dollywood (depending on when you're coming and their schedule) might be fun, too. So many lights and they have a few good shows, too.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,831 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best show for a family of 5 at T-giving...

Last Tgiving we did the Hatfield and McCoys and the Christmas Opry. They have a 2 show special for $59. and the H&M is a dinner show which is a real good deal. We were a family of 6 ages 4-60 and all loved both of them. They both kept my kids attention the whole time. If I could only choose one I would choose the Opry, it's a wonderful way to get in the Christmas spirit.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
683 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best show for a family of 5 at T-giving...

I would say skip Dixie Stampede. Now, before anyone gets upset-- it is only for the reason is that it is just SO expensive!! We were planning on going when we were in town during Spring Break. All set to purchase our tickets online...and it was going to be over $200 for my family of 4~!! yikes!!! That wasn't any upgrades or VIP anything. Just the standard tickets and taxes.

That being said, we did go several years ago, and loved the show. The dinner wasn't that great for me, just because I am so picky.

I recommend the Comedy Barn. It was an awesome show, with lots of involvement from the audience. And it was stuff that the kids loved, and things that appealed to the adults too. I think we enjoyed the show just as much as the kids did. There were several times that I literally was wiping away tears from laughing so hard.

Hope you have great trip!!

Karen

Eastern Kentucky...
Level Contributor
285 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best show for a family of 5 at T-giving...

Comedy Barn is great for people of all ages.

Level Contributor
4 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best show for a family of 5 at T-giving...

Dixie Stampede! Great show.

Providence Forge...
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best show for a family of 5 at T-giving...

If you want to have a great meal and show at the same time do Dixie Stampede otherwise Comedy Barn is really fun.

West Virginia
Level Contributor
134 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the best show for a family of 5 at T-giving...

We enjoyed the Lumberjack show when we was there in August. Even my 17 year old son loved it and actually laughed, lol. We did the dinner and show and thought the food was very good. Have a great time on your trip!!

9. Re: What is the best show for a family of 5 at T-giving...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 22:18
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge