We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late trying - but reservations during Thanksgiving

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
294 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Late trying - but reservations during Thanksgiving

Just thought we'd try to head down that way for Thanksgiving, but not finding anything affordable for a family of 5.

Any ideas on somewhere to try? Our favorite place, Appleview, has nothing, neither does Clarion Inn near Dollywood. Cabins would be too pricey.

Also, I'm guessing that all the restaurants are booked for Thanksgiving dinner?

Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
827 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late trying - but reservations during Thanksgiving

Cabins USA has a couple of cabins that sleep 5 in the $150/night price range. We have used them before and had good service. And Hidden mountain resort also has a few in the same price range that sleep 5. I haven't stayed with them, but have heard a lot of good things about them.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late trying - but reservations during Thanksgiving

I'll check with Cabins USA. We stayed at Hidden Mountain in July and didn't have a very nice experience.

Thank you!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late trying - but reservations during Thanksgiving

Nothing at Cabins USA under $200. :(

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
126 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late trying - but reservations during Thanksgiving

Try looking for a cabin or condo on vrbo.com. We book almost all of our vacations that way now. (directly from the owners) We haven't had a bad experience yet!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Late trying - but reservations during Thanksgiving

I agree try vrbo.com. We have used the site maybe 20 times and never had a problem. No middle man to pay. Try Townsend or Cosby if you want something cheaper. Will mean more driving to get to Gatlinburg.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late trying - but reservations during Thanksgiving

I hadn't thought of vrbo.com. I found a great cabin but I'm waiting to hear back from the owners on the cost.

Thanks!!

unionville tenn.
Level Contributor
845 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Late trying - but reservations during Thanksgiving

Shoney's always has a pretty good Thanksgiving buffet at a reasonable price. I haven't checked it out but i bet Golden Correl will also.

Georgia
Level Contributor
130 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Late trying - but reservations during Thanksgiving

If your able to find a cabin, why not cook something up yourself and save the expense of eating out? You could even go non-traditional ;-)

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
486 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Late trying - but reservations during Thanksgiving

Keep checking with yo9ur favorite places. The Thanksgiving holiday will have some cancellation closer to the dates due to changes in family plans ( you know, the in-laws call at the las minute and tell you they are coming). Book a back up, but usually about a week to 10 days out cancellations start.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Late trying - but reservations during Thanksgiving

I have been surprised at the lack of crowded restaurants for Tgiving dinner in the past. We have never had to wait for a table. Last year we had reservations at the Apple barn, it was very good but too much food for us. We have also had Calhouns and Howards both in Gburg. They both offer a traditional Tgiving meal or you can order off their regular menu. We have friends who ate at the Cracker barrell last year and waited almost 2 hours.

I think if you get away from the outlet malls you may be able to find a hotel easier.

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge