We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need cabin for next week w lots of games-ours in fire

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southern Indiana
Level Contributor
192 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Need cabin for next week w lots of games-ours in fire

We had a cabin reserved for next week but unfortunately it was in the fire in Black Bear. Can anyone recommend a cabin that has lots of video games? Our cabin was like an arcade with lots of old style arcade games. Our boys love this and was looking forward to it. Not sure if there are any others out there or if it is even possible on such short notice.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need cabin for next week w lots of games-ours in fire

I'm sorry you won't be able to stay at the cabin you booked. That is just awful about the fires. :(

I don't have a recommendation for a particular cabin, but I would think VRBO would be a good starting point. You can put your dates in and filter by the # of bedrooms. I remember seeing quite a few cabins on there that had game rooms.

Good luck finding another place to stay!

Karen

North Carolina
Level Contributor
553 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need cabin for next week w lots of games-ours in fire

Your starting point needs to be the company that you rented from. They might be working out agreements with other companies to help fulfill their rentals. Check with them to see what they say first!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need cabin for next week w lots of games-ours in fire

I agree with the above poster. See if the rental company you are with will move you to another. But if they won't help you, start here: www.sunsetcottage.com www.firesidechalets.com www.yourcabin.com My niece just booked one from Sunset, 3 bedroom/3 bathroom, checking in this Sat.

Southern Indiana
Level Contributor
192 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need cabin for next week w lots of games-ours in fire

We were renting from an individual who owned several cabins in that resort community. I spoke to her yesterday but am still waiting to hear back from her on what to do but thought I had better start looking because we are arriving on Sunday morning.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need cabin for next week w lots of games-ours in fire

We have stayed with Edencrest in Bearcreek Crossing which is off Wears Valley. Their cabins has arcade games, pool tables and electronic darts. Bearcreek Crossing also has an indoor pool and a nine hole (I think) mini putt putt course. You get the clubs and balls from the office when you check in. You can also check out a Wi game from them (or you could several years ago). We had no problems when we stayed with them and the cabin was very clean. That being said, the last few times I got quotes from them, it had too many fees added. However we do travel with our dog and the pet fee is outrageous if you are just staying a few days.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need cabin for next week w lots of games-ours in fire

Sorry to hear this, I hope you get your money back. Try all the web sites listed above and if you don't find something out of those trying doing a google search. Most companies web sites has a search engine and will save you alot of time.

Southern Indiana
Level Contributor
192 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need cabin for next week w lots of games-ours in fire

The owner called and they cannot place me anywhere else. They were very kind and when they rebuild we will definitely rent from them again. She has already processed my refund. Now to decide whether to cancel our trip or try to find somewhere else. The problem with finding something last minute is we had a cabin with a theater room and literally an arcade with about 10 games in it. Our boys love this and we spend lots of time at the cabin. We have had it booked for months and cannot find anything with these amenities.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need cabin for next week w lots of games-ours in fire

Glad to hear you had no problem getting your money back. One idea would be to call or email rental companies giving details of your situation and what you had booked, till it burnt and see what they have similar to it. That would probably be quicker than searching through the cabin rentals. Probably would be even easier/faster to send out a mass e-mail to all the rental companies. Actually I did this just last year for our wedding guest. Several companies replyed back to me within a few hrs. with several different cabins available.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
294 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need cabin for next week w lots of games-ours in fire

How many bedrooms do you need?

Southern Indiana
Level Contributor
192 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need cabin for next week w lots of games-ours in fire

It is just 4 of us so really 1 or 2 bedrooms is fine.