We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me know what to do!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Help me know what to do!

My husband, my two year old son and myself will be coming to pigeon forge the second to last weekend in may. I have some things on my list to do: wax museum, Hollywood car museum, deer petting zoo, the track, monster truck ride along. Anyone suggest anything else? I know the aquarium and zoois a big hit but we have passes to both in our hometown so I'd like to see different things.

Any can't miss places to eat? I think we will skip on the shows since I doubt my son will sit through them unless someone can recommend something that would keep a two year old entertained as well as adults.

Thanks for your help!!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,313 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me know what to do!

To me the main (well, the only) reason to go to that area is the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me know what to do!

Sounds like a good plan. The track has some rides the 2 year old will love. The mountains are also great. Spend some time with the little one playing in a stream, try Metcalf Bottoms or the wye at Townsend. They are both on the way to Cades Cove on the road from Gatlinburg. Also walk the parkway in Gatlinburg.

The thing I would do would be to play it by ear. That is how I travelled when my son was young and what we do now with the grandson. You will find so much to do with the kid in the area.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,697 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me know what to do!

Your husband might enjoy Zorb (I know I did), and I always recommend Dollywood. I don't know how long you plan to stay in the area, but a ride through the park on 441 will take you to Cherokee, and the Blue Ridge Parkway, which is a wonderful ride in May. So is Roaring Fork Motor Trail in Gatlinburg.

We always make time to eat at Best Italian & Bennett's BBQ.

Have a great time!

Spring Hill...
Level Contributor
245 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me know what to do!

Take time to enjoy the great outdoors!

Even with a young child you can still soak in the flavor of the

mountains and streams!

- Wade in the river/creeks...skip some stones

- Visit Sugarlands visitors center...ask rangers where to watch wildlife?

- have breakfast at the Little Pancake House on Hwy 321

- watch the candy stores make taffy and fudge...try a fresh sample!

- enjoy a meal at the Apple Barn

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me know what to do!

Dixie Stampede would be fine for a young child, there is plenty of clapping and stomping going on, so you don't have to worry if the kids get a little loud. Look on their internet site and let him see the "movie" about it and see if he gets excited. My sons and now grandkids could always look at the horses, etc and be entertained, they would forget to eat.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me know what to do!

Thanks everyone! I wanted to find some creeks so thanks so much for recommending!

Thanks everyone you had great ideas!

moss point
Level Contributor
196 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me know what to do!

i agree with Dixie stampede- it can be pricey but its entertainment and dinner- which is quite good. I also agree with exploring the park- several of the villages/ homesteads have large open areas that the little one can run and explore. Cades cove has a big field- and several great areas for picnics- take a cooler into the park with drinks, snacks and picnic lunch, take sunscreen and bug spray just in case. I would save the commercial touristy things for nite time and use the day to explore.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help me know what to do!

Great idea! I love the idea of exploring during the day and touristy during the night! Thanks so much!!!

Sevierville...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help me know what to do!

Sounds like you have a lot planned already! We love The Lumberjack Feud, The Comedy Barn, Hatfield and McCoys! There are so many great things in Pigeon Forge that you need weeks of vacation time to get it all in! You don't want to miss out on The Old Mill if you haven't had dinner or lunch there before! Here is a coupon for the deer farm since you said you were going but there are many other coupons to check out!

smokymountaincouponbook.com/place/…

Sevierville...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Help me know what to do!

Sounds like you have a lot planned already! We love The Lumberjack Feud, The Comedy Barn, Hatfield and McCoys! There are so many great things in Pigeon Forge that you need weeks of vacation time to get it all in! You don't want to miss out on The Old Mill if you haven't had dinner or lunch there before! Here is a coupon for the deer farm since you said you were going but there are many other coupons to check out!

smokymountaincouponbook.com/place/…

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge