We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report May 19th---1 night.

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
249 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report May 19th---1 night.

We had a fun, yet short, trip !

We drove down on Sunday and smiled as we saw all the congestion leaving the area. Our side of the road was free and clear. :)

First stop (as always) Moonshine Ridge store in Wears Valley. OMG the fudge is to die for. The kids got to feed the Koi fish. My parents bought chow chow and pickled okra (ew--but they said it was good!). I love that store. They have nice gifts and so many samples of food and fudge that you could almost make it a meal. Ha.

We stayed 1 night at Riverstone Resort in a 2 bedroom condo with my parents and our 2 kids. Wow, it is still as great as ever.This was our 3rd visit. I honestly don't think I will stay anywhere else. (I have done 3 reviews on TA for Riverstone).

We did go to Dixie Stampede Sunday night and it was great. This was our 2nd time going there. The only down side was our server was not very friendly or nice. Oh well, the show was still great and my kids and parents loved it.

Next day we went to Red Rooster for breakfast. LOVE that place. Reasonable prices and good food.

Then I took mom, dad, and my daughter (age 12) to Titanic. They had never been and they all loved it. I don't recommend it for small children, though.

After that we went to the Nascar Track place......won't do that again. 20.00 a piece to get in and most of the rides were not open. (I left a review for them). I didn't feel that it was worth the money we paid. Also, you have to pay 5.00 if you are just watching/taking pictures. However, they do give you game tokens to make up for it.

Anyway...short and sweet. Can't wait to go back again soon ! Glad we live 1 1/2 hours away. It makes for a nice little get away.

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report May 19th---1 night.

How lucky you are to live so close! I agree about Moonshine Ridge's fudge. I was just there a few weeks ago and bought it twice...once to snack on at the cabin and then bought some later in the week to bring home. I normally don't sample all the stuff (except the fudge) for fear of the dreaded "double dippers" that might have been there before me but I did try some things this time since I had been out in Cades Cove for hours and was starving! lol I also came on Sunday and was so thankful not to be in the traffic jam heading north!

Glad you had a nice time even if it was a short trip. Thanks for posting your report!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
792 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report May 19th---1 night.

Enjoyed your TR. We haven't gotten down there in over a year, so I relish every trip report. Love Moonshine Ridge and so happy to see it reopened. You really had a good time and are lucky to live so close. Thanks for posting.

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
249 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report May 19th---1 night.

You're welcome. I agree with the double-dipping thing, but I try not to think about it too much and just pray that people won't do that. (Ok....maybe I am in denial!). I have been craving some more maple nut fudge since we got home!

Georgia
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report May 19th---1 night.

Their maple nut fudge is my favorite. ; )

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report May 19th---1 night.

Thanks for the report! I haven't visited Moonshine Ridge since it re-opened. I have to remember that.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
556 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report May 19th---1 night.

Thank you for your report! I wish we lived that close!

7. Re: Trip report May 19th---1 night.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge