We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Preserve Resort

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Waterford, MS
14 posts
Save Topic
The Preserve Resort

My family and I will be staying at the Preserve Resort July 7-13. I have directions but would like to know exactly how far is Wears Valley Rd from Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. And will we have good views of the mountains like the website says. All feedback will be helpful.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Preserve Resort

As far as proximity, you are about 10 miles from downtown Pigeon Forge (321 drops you right in the middle). From there, add about another 6-7 miles to get to Gatlinburg. Overall, not a bad ride.

As for views from the cabins, although close together (like a subdivision), you should have very nice views of the mountains.

Waterford, MS
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Preserve Resort

Thanx volrichard for the feedback. I would also like to know how is cell phone reception there. I have service with t-mobile others in my family have cingular and sprint.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
459 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Preserve Resort

HI ynvme, I use to have TMobile (now have Nextel), when we went two years ago I didn't have a problem with my phone, my husband's phone went hay wire as did a friend of ours that had cingular, but I don't know if it was because where we were or if it was the phones...hopes this helps

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Preserve Resort

My cell worked (Cingular) in the cabin, but keep in mind, you are up on a mountain. Getting to and from there had some dead spots.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,682 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Preserve Resort

Once you get inside the national park, you will most likely loose all cell phone connections from any companies, unless you are right near one of the border towns.

Just keep that in mind.

Waterford, MS
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Preserve Resort

Thanx everyone. I'm counting the days till we leave. Can't wait.

Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The Preserve Resort

Please check out the "Rental Rates" post under Pidgeon Forge forum.

8. Re: The Preserve Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 13:20
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge