We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Hidden Mountain Resort West

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Question about Hidden Mountain Resort West

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had stayed at Hidden Mountain resort West (off Wears Valley Road) and could answer some questions. Are the roads leading up to the resort and in the resort itself steep and/or narrow? Is it a nice place to stay? Any place to fish there? How is the pool? We are thinking about staying in a by owner cabin located in the 5200 block - any idea where those are located in the resort itself? Thanks for any info you can give!

NW Ga
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Hidden Mountain Resort West

We've stayed there multiple times over the years.

The roads to the place aren't bad. Roads inside can be another matter. There are a couple places where there's some steep areas....including some of the driveways to individual cabins. Last few times we've stayed has been at a cabin below the checkin office which means no steep pulls. We just happen to like the cabin at the lower level....not really an issue of the steep roads.

There's a couple of ponds/lakes.....no idea about fishing though.

As for a pool.....there's one at the checking office.I don't recall seeing anyone using it....nor did we. The cabins aren't close to the pool in my opinion. If I wanted to go to the pool I'd definitely drive there. The cabin hottub on the other hand....got lots of use.

The only places which won't have some steep roads<at least some> are those before you get to the checkin location. YOu might call and ask them if the cabin is before or after the checkin. But generally if it has a good view off the back porch.....you'll be up the hill and beyond the checking location.

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Hidden Mountain Resort West

Thank you for your response, NWGaGuy. I will have to ask them about the location.....being from central FL, a bump in the road is steep to us:) I know that PF is mountainous, so I am expecting some steep areas, but I don't really want to stay in a place that will scare me everytime I leave and come back each day. (And some of the roads around PF I have been on in the past almost seem to me like your in a roller coaster going up and down!) THank you again for your feedback, I really appreciate it. PCMommy

NW Ga
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Hidden Mountain Resort West

"I have been on in the past almost seem to me like your in a roller coaster going up and down!) "

No need to worry about it being like a roller coaster.....if you get up any speed on some of the roads inside hidden mounting you'll shoot right off the road and down the mountain. Whoops....might not have mentioned that,.....heheh. It is kinda steep with a couple tight turns at different places in there. Take it slow and you'll be ok. Some of the roads are steep enough that I wouldn't walk down them......imagine tripping and not stopping till you get to the bottom. Have your cars brakes checked before you head up. No joke.

Mississippi
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Hidden Mountain Resort West

Save yourself some stress and chose another resort. The service with hidden moutain resort is poor and the roads are narrow, steep, and winding. The cabins are so close you can barely fit your car between them. So don't expect to enjoy the hot tub while your neighbors walk by and the cars zoom past. Also don't expect to get the cabin you pick out either. They reserve the right to change you without even informing you about it. They assured me it wouldn't happen, but it happened to me twice. And they do nothing to make things right again. The pool is small, but we didn't get in so I can't say much about that. I hope you find this information useful.

Mississippi
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Hidden Mountain Resort West

Save yourself some stress and chose another resort. The service with hidden moutain resort is poor and the roads are narrow, steep, and winding. The cabins are so close you can barely fit your car between them. So don't expect to enjoy the hot tub while your neighbors walk by and the cars zoom past. Also don't expect to get the cabin you pick out either. They reserve the right to change you without even informing you about it. They assured me it wouldn't happen, but it happened to me twice. And they do nothing to make things right again. The pool is small, but we didn't get in so I can't say much about that. I hope you find this information useful.

Glen Carbon IL
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about Hidden Mountain Resort West

I am also looking for a "just right" cabin. We may go Nov. 4 just for 2 night. Looks like hidden valley has some steep roads. I am looking at cabins at Timber Creek Realty and Cabin Rentals right now-seems every day I discover a new place. It's almost impossible to decide, isn't it? I also looked at High Valley Resort, Sunset Cottages, Mountain Laurel Chalets-all of these are my favorites so far. I would like to find a secluded wooded cabin. I really don't want a chalet off a cliff. wish you luck and have fun.

west chester oh
Level Contributor
303 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about Hidden Mountain Resort West

laurasmom,

Two years ago we stayed at a private owners cabin called Lost Cub Cabin. It is on 5 acres all by itself and was VERY NICE. It has since been purchased by another owner in the fall of 2005 but still offers all the ammenities the former owners did. The only downfall is that they did raise the rates a bit. Here is their website if you are interested.

www.clearforkcubscabin.com

It is a bit big for just two so that is why my husband and I did not return there this year. We took our daughter and son-in-law and our granddaughter, who is 6 and she had a GREAT time as there is plenty of room to play and explore.

Happy Hunting!! It does get quite confusing.

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about Hidden Mountain Resort West

catidid02 - I tried that website but it did not work....

Always interested in new places that get good reviews.

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about Hidden Mountain Resort West

Ok - I take that back now...for some reason it worked the second time I tried it....beautiful place.

tennessee
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question about Hidden Mountain Resort West

you wld not believe this place i found on vrbo.com.....and the price....i tlkd to the guy he lives in chattanooga and he is so nice....go to web site and put in number 94971....close to dollywood and parkway...

www.vrbo.com #94971....i think you will be pleased....

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge