We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollywood Vacation Packages--HELP!!

Homerville, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
Dollywood Vacation Packages--HELP!!

Hi All..My family will be making our yearly Memorial Day trip this year, but we’ll be staying the whole week instead of the weekend..With that being said, I’ve looked into several different options for cabins, instead of our normal hotel choice, and would like some opinions..We love Dollywood, so that is a must, and my children are dying to try out Splash Country, this will be the first year they’re all old enough to enjoy it..We’re traveling with 6 adults and 4 kids..My question is this: Are the Dollywood vacations terribly overpriced? I know that it seems that way looking at the rental rates, but if you add in the tickets and free parking, I’m not so sure..The whole family would do Dollywood one day of course, but my in-laws would go back the day the younger set goes to Splash Country, and the fact that you get unlimited visits to both parks with your package sounds like a deal! I’ve never been able to find heavily discounted Dolly tickets anywhere, and we go every year so I’ve done my homework..Am I overlooking something?!?

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,921 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollywood Vacation Packages--HELP!!

Cost compare vs seasons passes. At least one person in the group should get a gold pass to take advantage of free parking and 20% off all purchases in the park. Since you will be splitting up at least one day you may want 2 gold passes. With the regular passes you get 20% off cabins and $5 off Splash Country. Dollywood has extended their preseason pass discount till April 27th. If you buy 4 or more passes there's an additional discount of $5 per pass.

West Virginia
Level Contributor
133 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dollywood Vacation Packages--HELP!!

The first time we visited Pigeon Forge, I was going to book the package deal and the CSR told me it is cheaper to do it separate. We always get season passes and I get the gold pass (it saved us over $80 in one day, with the free parking, food and merchandise discounts). It is just nice, if you are going to be there all week, you can go in whatever days you like, or we would go in the evenings when it was cooler. You might want to check out Timber Tops Cabin Rentals, and check out the cabins in Hidden Springs Resort, they are right behind Dollywood. And they offer, stay 5 nights, get the 6 night free.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dollywood Vacation Packages--HELP!!

You may also check to see if they are offering the Splash and Play tickets this year. It's a three day pass that allows you to go back and forth between Dollywood and Splash Country. We did Dollywood in the morning until it got hot and hit up the water park in the afternoon.

Miami
Level Contributor
2 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dollywood Vacation Packages--HELP!!

Go to EBay and get your tickets. I was just at the park on 3/27 and the tickets I got worked fine. Paid 199.00 for 4 tickets. Saved 80.00 from the park price. Places to stay - check vrbo.com. we stayed at Storyteller. Great cabin 3 bed/3 bath.

5. Re: Dollywood Vacation Packages--HELP!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge