We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

teens alone at Dollywood

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
teens alone at Dollywood

Hi,

We are coming for a week's vacation, starting this Friday. The two teens what to go to Dollywood, but the parents are interested at all.

Is it safe for two sensible 14 year olds to spend the day in Dollywood on their own?

Are there hiking trails or birdwatching sights near to Dollywood so we're close by if they need us?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: teens alone at Dollywood

I would never leave my kids alone someplace even though it's safe you never know what can happen, you may want to think about going and spending your time watching all the great shows, and going into all the wonderful shops there, that way your still in the park but you don't have to be right with them.

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: teens alone at Dollywood

Yes, that's how I'm leaning, but having never been to Dollywood I want to hear from people familiar with the park. Not my idea of a fun day, but compromise is the key to family harmony!

Martinsburg, West...
Level Contributor
200 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: teens alone at Dollywood

I think they would be fine on their own in Dollywood. The workers are older than at most amusement parks I've been to so they are very friendly & helpful. I think you could get to them fairly quickly from anywhere in Pigeon Forge if needed.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: teens alone at Dollywood

The issue is are your kids well behaved without your supervision. If they are then there's no reason to not drop them off at the park and let them enjoy the day on their own. Just instruct them to not leave the park. Cell phones make it so much easier today to keep in touch with your kids so for your own peace of mind you can contact them a few times during the day.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: teens alone at Dollywood

When my sons were teens, we let them go off by themselves in Pigeon Forge, but went together as a family to Dollywood but separated during the day. We enjoyed ourselves seeing the shows and looking around, the boys did all the rides. They did have to check in every few hours at a pre-arranged place. They did have to stay together. They were given enough money to have drinks and snacks. We never had any problems. You would know your kids the best.

Providence Forge...
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: teens alone at Dollywood

If you have never been to Dollywood - you will enjoy it. You are probably thinking of something like other theme parks, Busch Gardens, Kings Dominion, etc. It is nothing like them. You will have so much to do. And you could set check in times for them to meet you at certain places. But no, I wouldn't let my goddaughter who is 15 go with a friend without me.

Rossville, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: teens alone at Dollywood

We always let our 15 year old go off with her friend. It's a very family friendly park. However, we do have the obligatory check-ins and meet for lunch or dinner.

As previously noted, there are tons of shows, shops, foods, etc... to keep you busy. Right now they are having the Festival of Nations. It's cool to see all of these other countries and cultures, to see their booths, try their foods, and watch them perform.

If you go in after 3:00 the next day is free, or for a few dollars more than a one day admission you can buy a season pass. If you have never been around the holidays it's a must.

You will have a great time!

8. Re: teens alone at Dollywood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge