We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report June 13-16

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report June 13-16

My trip reports begins in November 2013 when I attended a Family Reunion and Travel Expo sponsored by the Pigeon Forge Chamber of Commerce held in Atlanta Georgia. It was a great event, very informative and many PF vendors and businesses were represented. At the expo I met Denise Miller, the Group Sales Rep for Hearthside Cabins and decided to rent a brand new cabin for our June 2014 family reunion.

Twenty-four members of my family ranging in ages 13 to 85 rented the Mountain Top Retreat cabin in the Wild Briar community located off of Upper Middle Creek Road. The drive from Atlanta through the mountains and Cherokee, NC and the park was a great way to start the vacation. Thank you Tripadvisors for that route. The cabin and location are awesome. It is brand new and well supplied. We arrived on Friday, went grocery shopping and enjoyed a family fish fry. Later that evening we watched family movies in the theater room, played pool and enjoyed the wonderful view from the two decks. On Saturday, nine of us went white water rafting with Big Creek Expeditions and it was a blast. I highly recommend it. Other family members went sight-seeing and to Gatlinburg. Later that evening all of us attended the Soul of Motown at the Grand Majestic Theater. The show was enjoyed by all. The singers are excellent and the show is high energy. People were dancing in the aisles. We did the "show only" but they do offer a dinner show. On Sunday we played golf at the Gatlinburg Municipal Golf course right down the road from the cabin. A beautiful, yet challenging course for all levels of ability. The 12th hole is awesome. I can only imagine it in the Fall with all of the colors. After golf we had a Sunday "Soul Food" dinner with all of the family. On Monday, after packing up we headed to the Old Mill Restaurant for our good bye breakfast before heading home. It was a wonderful weekend and yet there were so many things that we didn't do. I guess that means we will have to go back!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
553 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report June 13-16

Great report!!! Thank you for sharing!

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
398 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report June 13-16

Sounds like a great time with your family. Thanks for the report.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,517 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report June 13-16

Nice trip report, glad you enjoyed your time there. It is addictive and we just keep wanting to go back. Definitely try to visit during the fall one year. Its beautiful.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report June 13-16

That's the 1 great thing about the smokie mountains, no matter how often you go or how long you stay, you never get tired of them. We've been going for the better part of 30 years. There's still places we've never been to, and some we've seen more times than we can recall. But we continue to come, each year adding a new destination to our list. The smokies get "habit forming". There truly is "no other place on earth quite like the smokies".

Edited: 24 June 2014, 16:28
unionville tenn.
Level Contributor
842 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report June 13-16

Thank you for your trip report! I love reading about other peoples adventures between my Smokeys trips. I have found some of my favorite places to visit there by reading other peoples reviews.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report June 13-16

Thanks for the great report!

Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report June 13-16

Thanks for the wonderful trip report. We are going there next week and may see those areas you mentioned in the report.

8. Re: Trip Report June 13-16

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge