We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happy Thanksgiving To You and Yours!

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Happy Thanksgiving To You and Yours!

Wishing all of you, my TA friends, a Happy Thanksgiving.

Whether you will be home with your families or traveling to God's beautiful Smoky Mountains, I wish you a blessed and safe holiday season.

May we take this time to truly count our blessings for wonderful friends, family, and little things we might take for granted everyday.

God Bless,

B

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Happy Thanksgiving To You and Yours!

Happy Thanksgiving B and all our friends here. I am thankful for this forum where we can share our ideas and the love of the mountains and make new friends at the same time.

My wish for all of you is a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with love.

Happy Black Friday shopping too!

smokiesgrl

Orange Beach
Level Contributor
453 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Happy Thanksgiving To You and Yours!

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you! I have so enjoyed coming to this forum and learning so much more about the Mountains I love. I have enjoyed talking to each of you and look forward to sharing more in the future. I'd like to squeeze in at least one more long weekend in the mountains before my youngest gives birth, so I better get to planning - it's only a couple of more months. So when you're eating your turkey this week, think about some things we can do in a short period of time. It's 10 hours up and 10 hours back, so every hour needs to be packed full! Happy Holidays!

K

Ohio
Level Contributor
577 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Happy Thanksgiving To You and Yours!

Hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving & enjoy the time with your families! Wish we could be in the mountains, but I'll have to settle for the flat ground of Ohio. DH & I are going shopping Friday. This is the first time we've ever done this...grandma is keeping our dd so it's a day just for us, which makes it extra-special! Good wishes to all. Be safe.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
498 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Happy Thanksgiving To You and Yours!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my TA friends! This is such a great bunch of people and I am really thankful for that!

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Happy Thanksgiving To You and Yours!

Thanks B and the rest... and the same right back to ya! Betty and Heidi, tell your families that I said hi (and thank them for sharing you with us)!

I've learned a LOT recently about counting my blessings... and really, it all came from that crazy trip to DC a few weeks ago.

Funny how you think you're going someplace for one reason, and in the end you learn that your purpose for being there turns out to be completely different from what you had planned.

THAT is why I love travel so much!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dunkirk, Indiana
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Happy Thanksgiving To You and Yours!

I would like to wish you and everyone else a HAPPY THANKSGIVING. I hope everone visiting Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg have a great day. It is going to be a nice day here in Indiana today.

Gonzales, Louisiana
Level Contributor
624 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Happy Thanksgiving To You and Yours!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! My parents were both sick this Thanksgiving and I had to work a few hours today, so Thanksgiving wasn't quite as normal. Hopefully, we'll all be well by the time Christmas rolls around. I may try to hit a few of the sales this Friday.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Happy Thanksgiving To You and Yours!

Photo, hope everyone is recovering nicely now. So sorry your parents were under the weather for the holiday.

Just a note to let y'all know hubby and I survived the shopping today. I love a challenge. Up at 3AM, in the store by 4AM. Shopping at 5AM. Home with a pickup full by 10AM. What a day. I am still in the recovery period right now.

Smokies, thanks for the shopping deal site. I was ready to go this morning with printed sales off the computer and sale papers. I was armed and ready!!

I can't imagine what the outlets in PF was like today.

Knap and DP, you are in Knoxville, did you do the Smoky Mountain Outlets Black Friday plunge today?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Happy Thanksgiving To You and Yours!

Hi guys -

Photo I hope things get better soon for your mom and dad - our Thanksgiving wasn't what it usually is either - I had a migraine - it has a name, but I won't go into that now :) LOL

Our shopping day was great - we slept in B - unti 5:30 and we got home around 3:30 - then we went to a movie.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Happy Thanksgiving To You and Yours!

hi everyone,

I didn't get a chance to say happy Thanksgiving before the day, so I'll say it now, and for you guys that it wasn't the best one, I hope things are better now with all and that we can all truly reflect and realize just how much we have to be thankful for, even when things are not the best.

Those of you that still have your parents, be especially grateful. If you're blessed to have grandparents, realize just how fortunate you are.

We started going to the mountains at Thanksgiving about 15 years ago, when hubby and I both lost our parents. This year, we didn't get to go, and it was kind of a rough day, but today's better. Maybe we can slip off a long weekend before Christmas!

I want to also thank all you guys on this forum, the ideas, the hints, the advice, and most of all, the support and friendship you give each other is remarkable.

God bless you all.

bwj