We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone use Evolve Vacation rental network thr VRBO?

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
695 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
anyone use Evolve Vacation rental network thr VRBO?

I've sent several inquiries thru VRBO trying to find a cabin and several of them have come back from a company called Evolve Vacation Rental Network. I'm not familiar with them at all, and was curious if anyone else had heard of them or have done business with them. I did do a search but nothing came up. Unless I was searching in the wrong place..... Any info would be appreciated!

104 replies to this topic
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
5,317 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone use Evolve Vacation rental network thr VRBO?

To me it looks like another booking agent. Maybe VRBO merged or some of the owners did, but if they did I haven't heard about it. If it were me, I would skip it and move on to another listing. I put in Gatlinburg and it brought up only 11 cabins for rent.

https://evolvevacationrental.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=Gatlinburg+Area&date_from=&date_to=&ev_sleeps=1&cat=130

Edited: 14 August 2016, 18:46
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
5,317 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone use Evolve Vacation rental network thr VRBO?

Here's the link I used and put in Gatlinburg,TN

https://evolvevacationrental.com/

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone use Evolve Vacation rental network thr VRBO?

I own a Vacation rental - and I know about Evolve. They are a third party renting service. The list on behalf of the owners on multiple sites. I personally have considered using them but have not yet. They in my opinion a fine company and you likely are more protected using them vs just booking with a stranger who could back out on you or make an error on your booking.

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone use Evolve Vacation rental network thr VRBO?

I use evolve to list my rental house. They are the booking agent and are wonderful. They list the house on multiple sites and handle everything for both the owner and rental in regards to the stay. I have been working with them for six years and couldn't be happier

Ontairo
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone use Evolve Vacation rental network thr VRBO?

I have a vacation rental property in Prince Edward Island Canada and I'm in the process of setting up a call with Evolve to discuss listing with them. I've read quite a bit on this company and they seem legit. Does anyone else out there have anything to say on them? It would be appreciated as the company I'm presently using in PEI will no longer be getting my business once my contract ends.

Charleston, South...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone use Evolve Vacation rental network thr VRBO?

As a prospective renter, I cannot recommend Evolve. I'm currently in the middle of my first dealing with them -- they seem to sell themselves to owners by running interference with clients. That's fine, but I am trying to modify an existing reservation by adding days to my stay -- which is a GOOD thing for the owner -- but I cannot penetrate the online communications with Evolve to accomplish it. Their system requires that I input my dates requested before I communicate at all -- but then I can't book a couple extra days (3 day minimum!) and I can't re-book my entire stay (not available, because I booked it already!) so I'm left unable to accomplish this simple task. It's a terrible flaw, and it's a terrible outcome for the property owner.

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone use Evolve Vacation rental network thr VRBO?

A third party? VRBO is the second party? As a prospective renter that is just way too many Parties to have to deal with.

Charleston, South...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone use Evolve Vacation rental network thr VRBO?

Agreed. It's a mess. Useless to the renter and blocking business for the property owner.

Ontairo
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: anyone use Evolve Vacation rental network thr VRBO?

Thank you for your response. I've decided not to use them after a discussion I had. I will go it on my own using Cottages in Canada and VRBO.

Ontairo
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: anyone use Evolve Vacation rental network thr VRBO?

Thank you for your response. I've decided not to use them at all.

Reply to: anyone use Evolve Vacation rental network thr VRBO?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge