We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tennessee vacation

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
57 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Tennessee vacation

My family and I are planning a vacation for a week during the last of May/first of June 2013. I have two daughters ages 11 and 16 that will be traveling with us. I have looked at Memphis, Nashville, Franklin, Pigeon Forge, and Chattanooga. I am a little overwhelmed as jto what to do. We would like a vacation with a little variety (adventure, touristy stuff, history, etc). A little something for everyone. Any suggestions? I really don't know where to start with planning.

5 replies to this topic
Townsend, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Townsend, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
962 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tennessee vacation

You can find touristy in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg for sure and close by is the Smoky Mountain National Park with plenty of adventure, history and appalachian culture. Lots of Civil War history in the area also if that is what you are looking for. You could see a lot of PF/Gatlinburg,Smokies in 3 days if you are trying to figure out how much time to spend, but you could also spend the entire week in the area and not see it all. To visit all 4 cities/areas in a week wouldn't really give you much time in any of them.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
57 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tennessee vacation

I have been considering staying 3 nights each in both Pigeon Forge and Chatanooga and stop by for one night in Franklin. Just not sure!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tennessee vacation

Haven't been to Franklin, but we've travelled with our 2 granddaughters when they were about the same ages as your 2 girls. They loved both Chattanooga and the Smokeys - we spent 3 nights in each of them, and it was just the right amount of time. Sounds like a great plan to me!

Edited: 17 December 2012, 02:44
Townsend, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Townsend, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
962 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tennessee vacation

3 Days in PF and 3 in Chattanooga would make a nice vacation. The Smoky Mountain National Park has a website that can help with planning Park related activities. Check out Cades Cove, Clingman's Dome (highest point in Park at 6,643') with 360 degree view from the lookout tower (while there, hike at least a short way out on the Appalachian Trail), Roaring Fork Motor Trail, Sugarland Visitor's Center.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
57 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tennessee vacation

Thank you both! Now I can start working on our vacation plans.

Reply to: Tennessee vacation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge