We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rutledge tn..here we come!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rutledge tn..here we come!

anyone from around Rutledge Tn?

What do you do there?

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rutledge tn..here we come!

Wow... I think this is the first post I've ever seen on Rutledge!

I hope someone else here knows more than I do, because I don't have that much to offer. I've been to Rutledge several times but it was usually work-related and I didn't stick around long enough to have to find something to entertain myself. It's a lovely little rural town.

Unless you're going to be there during a high school football game or during the annual Grainger County Tomato Festival, I doubt you'll find all that much to do in Rutledge. Maybe someone else will have more suggestions! Cherokee Lake is nearby, so if you like to fish or swim, you'll be all set.

If you're there visiting relatives or something and are looking for reasons to get out of the house, the closest shopping and movies that I'm aware of will be in either Morristown or Knoxville. Morristown is much closer, but your options are limited. They do have a nice little mall and a movie theater, and several decent restaurants. Justin's has great steaks and a nice variety - a popular place for dinner. Tara's Tea Room is, in my opinion, worth driving from Knoxville for their lunches. It's very girly... tea, scones, great salads, soups, sandwiches, quiche, etc. I'm assuming both of these places are still open... it's been over a year since I've been up there.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rutledge tn..here we come!

Ahh, yes, ...Tara's Tea house, Been there and it is very cute.

Yes, the limit is very ...limited there.

I'm so used to a larger city around me where there is so much to do!

Thank God it's not too far from Knoxville.

Where are the best Golf Clubs? That's my next question. ha.

3. Re: Rutledge tn..here we come!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Rutledge
Recent Conversations