We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of May vacation with 2 boys

Which Sevierville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dayton, OH
1 post
Save Topic
End of May vacation with 2 boys

I wanted to post since this sight has been so helpful to me. I hope this helps someone else. The week of Memorial Day seems great to come. The weather is good (not too hot or too cool)and not too crowded (most everyone still in school). We stayed at Oak Haven Resort in Sevierville. It is a very nice resort with plenty of amenities. Not a lot of great views, but it is clean, quiet, secluded and easy to travel to and from.

We said if we go again we would probably stay east or west of Pigeon Forge, however. Our boys want to do things; so, by the time we go to Gatlinburg, the park, go carts, a show, and Cades Cove there is a lot of driving from Sevierville.

Gatlinburg is what it is. Fun "to do" if you know how to do it. We do none of the Ripley attractions. We went to Hillbilly Golf-interesting idea but boring in the sense of creativity of the holes. We went to Pancake Pantry- good but expensive. Sky lift is fun for a 10 year old (8 year old wouldn't do it), but it is approx. $20 for 2 people for not much. We gave our kids a set dollar amount and said that they could buy whatever they wanted. That worked out well. They enjoyed gem mining at the old time picture shop. This was our 3rd time so tshirts and wooden signs were purchased two trips ago. Gatlinburg is worth the time for the experience, in my opinion.

In Pigeon Forge, we went go carting. Don't stop believing buy 1 get 1 free means two go cart rides. It means one go cart ride, and then you get some spinny, high, sickening ride for free. Hope this helps. Went to The Miracle. Good show -not as good as the Louise show used to be. My boys liked it. We go to a big church which has done the big Easter productions, so maybe they were harder to impress. We also went to The Alamo for dinner. Overpriced for seafood, but my husband thought the steak had great flavor. Go before 5, and there is a 15% coupon in most books. Hope this helps somebody!!!

Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
827 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: End of May vacation with 2 boys

We were also there this past week and I was surprised that it was not very crowded. It was busy enough but not like our previous trips in July.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: End of May vacation with 2 boys

Thank you for your report! I love to hear the prices and if they are worth it!

3. Re: End of May vacation with 2 boys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 02:15