We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Theatre

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
168 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner Theatre

We will be in town this weekend and are thinking about trying to see a dinner show/theatre performance. Have looked at a couple of websites; Dixie Stampede, Black Bear and a couple of others. Looking for a couple of recommendations/opinions on which would be the best to see. The food looks about the same at both and price really isn't gonna factor in much - just looking for reviews.

Thanx,

Lucy Atlanta

Montgomery, AL
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner Theatre

We just got back from Gatlinburg. We saw two shows, Dixie Stampede and Black Bear Jamboree. Dixie was good, but I absolutely LOVED Black Bear! Lots of singing and dancing, with music from different eras. A lot of talent there! Dixie is mainly a horse, longhorn show with some singing and dancing. Food served is about the same menu, same quality.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
1,212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner Theatre

I would recommend the Dixie Stampede. I think it is a really good unique show & the food is also good (but you eat with your hands--part of the experience!). It has so many aspects to it...from the pre-show to the stampede to the dinner itself. The stampede show is multi-faceted...with a wild steer stampede, pioneers & wagons, native american indians & a thunderbird type flying character, the dancing southern belles, the animal races (pigs, chickens, ostriches), the horse stunts & riders, the magic trick with the wagon, the overall battle of the competition between the north and the south, the patriotic display, dolly singing a song from a large screen, a comedic "hillbilly" character named skeeter, and an overall hometown feeling. They encourage audience participation and really get you into the spirit of rooting for your side! This show has something in it for everyone...everyone of ALL ages! I feel like you really get your money worth here.

Feel free to read my review of the Stampede if you would like..I tend to write long, detailed reviews..so it may answer some questions you have about the show.

Hope this helps.

3. Re: Dinner Theatre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 05:23
Get answers to your questions about Sevierville