We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trolley System

Which Sevierville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland County...
Level Contributor
257 posts
249 reviews
Save Topic
Trolley System

We will be taking our first trip to your part of the state on Saturday. We are staying in Seveirville, but plan on visiting both Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge while we are there.

Does the trolley run from Seveirville to both places? I just recently found out about the trolley system, so forgive me if I am clueless about how it operates!

Thank you for any advice or tips of travel!

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
1,102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trolley System

You can catch the Fun Time Trolley in Sevierville. Depending on the route, it will travel the courthouse loop, north parkway OR wear's valley/teaster lane route. You can take the Fun Time Trolley to the Old Mill & transfer trollies there. There you can transfer to a trolley that goes to Dollywood, Dolly's Splash Country, South Parkway or to the Gatlinburg Welcome Center/"the spur" in addition to the courthouse, north parkway & wear's valley. The Old Mill is the main trolly stop and all routes start/stop there. This trolley system is used mostly to travel around Sevierville and Pigeon Forge. But it will get you to the Gatlinburg Welcome Center where you can change trolley systems to the Gatlinburg Trolley.

The Gatlinburg Trolley system has routes that travel to Dollywood, the Arts & Crafts Loop, to City Hall/GB Community Center, Downtown Parkway, Downtown River Rd, to the GB Welcome Center, and the National Park (Sugarlands Vistor Center/Laurel Falls/Elkmont Campground stops).

The trolley system is pretty cheap. The Fun Time Trolley usually ranges 50cents to 75 cents each way per person. The Gatlinburg Trolly ranges from 50 cents to $2.00 depending on the route.

Here are the trolly websites for more information!

http://www.pigeonforgetrolley.org/

www.ci.gatlinburg.tn.us/transit/map.htm

Hope this helps! Have a great trip!!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trolley System

Great reply, Daisyferret1!

I love riding the trolley. Although you may end up waiting a bit for the next one to come along it allows everyone in the group to enjoy themselves and relax during the trip around town. I find I really slow down and relax more.

Have a great trip,

Chris

3. Re: Trolley System

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2010, 05:16